I was here for a conference and it is a very nice property. It is at Fashion Island, so there are plenty of shops and restaurants. If you want to get to other amenities, such as the beach and pier, you need a car, but this is Southern California, so that's not unexpected. The hotel service is outstanding; everyone is attentive from check-in to housekeeping, to bartenders. The room was a decent Marriott room, with nice bed and bath. We had a high room facing west, so we overlooked the golf course and ocean. There also are options for overlooking the pool areas, so you might ask for what you prefer. The food and drink were good, although pricey, so you might want to go to the Fashion Island for meals and drinks. I was able to enjoy the pool area on my last day, and it was very nice. The pool is quite large for this type of hotel and had a nice pool bar. There is a "rose garden" for special events and we used it for our convention meals and reception. One note -- there are conventions in this hotel, so if you are on vacation, be prepared to mingle with business people with name tags. Overall, I recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amid the unparalleled beauty and relaxed luxury of Newport Beach comes an inventive new concept in hospitality - and a whole new take on the Southern California lifestyle. Welcome to the $75 million redesign of the Newport Beach Marriott Hotel and Spa, where you'll find your most ambitious visions realized. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Marriott and Jetsetter so you can book your Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newport Beach Marriott Hotel Newport Beach
- Newport Beach Marriott Hotel And Spa
- Marriott Newport Beach