“Close to everything including the sand”

Little inn By The Bay
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Newport Beach
“Close to everything including the sand”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

It was a very enjoyable stay. Outside was very appealing. Decor inside very nice. Walking distance to the beach. Room had all the comforts of home. Micro,coffee pot,Fridge,iron and board+blow dryer. Beds comfortable. Complex quiet. Easy to find,parking space for all occupants.patio . Convienece store next door. Donut shop across the street. All you need is right close including the sand. see ya next year. Phil,Moe & Kayla Ann.

• Stayed July 2013
Little I, Owner at Little inn By The Bay, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Sidnut,

It is wonderful to hear from you. We renovated our hotel about 2 years ago and it is nice to hear that you like what we have done, inside and out. I'm glad that you like our in-room amenities as well as our proximity to everything else in the area. I am especially grateful of your mention that our hotel is a quiet one, for that is exactly what we are during most times of the week, except Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights when the party scene breaks loose. Thanks for getting the word out there. Keep in touch and we look forward to your return visit.

Gita

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Finnish first
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Loved the location of this Hotel and the convenience of being so close to the beach and shopping. It was great being able to get beach cruisers at no additional cost to pedal around on. The room had been newly renovated and was very clean. We enjoyed our visit and will stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 83Michelle1965,

It fills my heart with joy to see another happy customer take the time out of her busy schedule to let us know how well we are doing. It validates the effort that we put forth in making sure all of our guests get the value of what they pay for when they stay with us. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the nice feedback. I hope that you will keep in touch and return to visit us again in the near future.

Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

If you want to be near the beach in Newport this is the place for you! They provide cruisers to pedal around the peninsula which are perfect for sightseeing and no hassle of parking. Our room was just big enough. It was clean and new renovated. The staff were very friendly and helpful too. We will definitely stay here the next time we're in Newport!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Little I, Owner at Little inn By The Bay, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear MKK513,

Thank so much you for your very kind comments. I knew at the outset that the beach cruisers would be a boon for us! Did you also use our complimentary boogie boards, beach chairs and umbrellas? I am glad that you liked the aesthetics of our newly renovated rooms. I am twice happy that our staff treated you well, not that I expected anything less in that regard. We cannot wait for you to return to visit us again.

Peoria, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Bear in mind that this is not the Ritz so expectations need to be in line. For a decent rate, I was happy with the room. We stayed in room 16 which has a king size bed. Room is very small but clean and in between the buildings so that may have helped with the noise problem. It backs up to a busy road but you have to keep in mind that the beach is a busy, crowded area and if you aren't willing to pay sky high prices for luxury than this place should suite your needs. Location was great, close to pier, etc. McDonalds across the street which was good for our kids. We were there for one night, on a Sunday so that probably also helped with the noise. I am a freak about bed bugs and we check every room we stay in...lift mattress, etc looking for signs of a problem and we found NO problems. I would recommend they install towel rack in bathroom. Would stay again but get a larger room next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the liquor store. Room 16 has a king size bed and in between buildings so t...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Miss Bunny_13,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. True, we are not the Ritz-Carlton but we do try to provide decent rooms for the price that we charge. We are centrally located, you'd never have to walk far to get decent food or drinks or enjoy the beach. On a more personal note, I cannot begin to express my gratitude to you for having validated the fact that our establishment is completely free of bugs as had been previously alleged. We have been looked over, top to bottom, by the Orange County Public Health Services and passed that with flying colors. Again, thanks a million for that. As for the towel hooks in the bathrooms, that is definitely in the drawing board. It will happen as we continue to look for ways to make our guests' stay more comfortable. The next time you are in town, give us a buzz.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

I'm japanese,so i'm sorry poor English.
I stayed hermosa beach room.
I felt good front man.
He is very kindness.
I'll stay this october.
So,I'll book your hotel soon.
Thanks a lot!
see you soon.

• Stayed October 2012
Little I, Owner at Little inn By The Bay, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear CCCHIE,

Thank you for taking the time to give us wonderful feed back. I am happy to hear that our staff treated you very well. We here at The Little Inn by the Bay do our best to make our guests feel welcome and have a wonderful stay. We are looking forward to your next visit. Once again, thanks for the kind comments.

Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Little inn by the bay reminds me of if you have crazy friends that you only visit because they live by the ocean and you're staying in their crazy guest room. The customer service was not great. The room itself was musty with a broken shower. If you are a light sleeper, avoid this place. The noise didn't bother me, but I can sleep through anything. Lots of channels on the TV, so if tv is your thing, then it's great. The location is pretty awesome. Walking distance to the beach, restaurants, and great bars. That was the best part of the stay.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank 598Storm598
Little I, Owner at Little inn By The Bay, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear 598Storm598,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feed back. I apologize for the condition of the shower in your room during your stay. It must have been one of those days. Please know that all of our rooms are newly renovated and that we do have a maintenance person available 24/7 in case of emergencies. Rest assured that the condition of the shower in the room you were in has been rectified. Additionally, our hotel is centrally located and by that I mean we are within walking distance to many watering holes and restaurants in the area. That is the main contributing factor to the noise you were speaking of, especially during Friday and Saturday nights. I hope that you understand that that is something beyond our control. We are all looking forward to your next stay.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

This Inn is in a great location, and was recently remodeled. The rooms are quaint and stocked with a small refrigerator, coffee maker, and nicely decorated. Excellent for the price. Would stay again. Pleasant staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Nitz19,

Thank you for your great feed back. We at The Little Inn by the Bay strive to provide our guests service and accommodations to make very memorable stays. Please tell your family and friends about us. We are not Newport Beach's little secret anymore! We are looking forward to your next visit.