Little inn By The Bay
Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$164
Hotels.com
Newport Beach Marriott Bayview(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$209
$127
  • Breakfast included
Renaissance Newport Beach Hotel(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$142
$104
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$253
$184
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Newport Coast Villas(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$351
$329
Balboa Bay Resort(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$291
$279
  • Pool
Newport Beach Hotel(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$345
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
$169
Travelocity
Hyatt Regency Newport Beach(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$196
$190
HotelsClick
  • Pool
All reviewsbeach cruisersoffer free bikesworking orderrestaurants and barsnewport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Bed bugs in room 3!!! Travelled home with us. Hotel staff would not let us talk to the manager about it. It is now a big financial cost to each of us that brought it home. Also, blood stains on the sheets.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Msailon
Little I, Guest Relations Manager at Little inn By The Bay, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

I am very sorry to hear about your less than satisfactory experience during your stay with us. I just want to clarify a misconception: our hotel does not have any bed bugs. We are duly certified by the Public Health Services of Orange Co. as having satisfactorily met the requirements set by the state/county in that regard.

I also apologize for the fact that the manager was not available to address your concern that day. Our staff is empowered to resolve any guest related issues to ameliorate any of our guests' concerns. Perhaps we need to remind our staff of said policy. At any rate, should you give us another chance to be of service to you, we promise to, at least, meet your expectations if not surpass it. We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed 2 nights with a rather large group of senior Motorcycle travelers.The rooms are VERY small and the bathroom facilities were sadly lacking.The towels were thin, and "dingy", and the shower mat was an "indoor/outdoor" carpet remnant, certainly not very absorbent on a cold tile floor! There was not a single towel hook anywhere in the bathroom, or on the bathroom door.My husband and I had no heat in our room...in January! I asked the gentleman at the desk to please look into the isssue and he offered us a portable heater...we declined for obvious safety issues! Since we were going out for the day, he told me that his maintenance person would fix the heater which appeared to be a simple A/C unit with no heat option...this did not happen! The hotel is between 2 very busy, noisy streets, and we had traffic noise, cold air coming in under our door! I would consider this a rather poor value for the $$.There are other choices nearby.

Room Tip: Taker a closer look at other hotels in the area...perhaps a better value!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

I am sorry to hear that your experience with us was not what you nor we would have wanted it to be. We are a quaint, little hotel in Newport Beach. That is the quality that sets us apart from the other hotels in the area. What we lack in things like room size and towel hooks we make up for by way of a) our lower rates compared to the other hotels in the area and 2) by our location which is quite central to most watering holes and restaurants in the area 3) as well as the beach which most of our guests just love. Additionally, 4) all of our rooms, even if some are not as spacious, are newly refurbished.

I also apologize that our staff was re-miss in addressing your room heat issues. We have a maintenance engineer on staff and he is on call 24-hours/day for emergencies, which your situation certainly was. Rest assured that this issue has been discussed with the staff involved.

Should you allow us to be of service to you again in the future, I promise that it will be a different but a lot more memorable experience for you and your family and friends. Let me or Gita know the next time you are in town so we can personally attend to your accommodations.

Mike

Reviewed December 22, 2012

A small motel between two busy streets. About 1 block off the beach. 1960s decor. I found it clean, with pleasant help, and inexpensive. Try to get a room on the other side from the liquor store.
Plenty of pillows, just enough towels. They only have enough parking for one car for each room. Don't bring two cars. (who brings two cars?)

Room Tip: Pick a room on the North side away from the liquor store.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ed C
Little I, Owner at Little inn By The Bay, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feed back.

I recognize our limitations when it comes to the parking situation. We are a small hotel in a very urban setting and during sold out nights it can be tough for some of our guests to find parking. That is why we implement the one car per room policy. However, we relax implementing that policy at times if the situation calls for it.

Again, thank you for your feed back and let me know the next time you are in town so I can personally supervise your accommodation.

Gita

Reviewed November 23, 2012

I lived in Newport Beach for two years and when I come back to visit, I like to stay on the peninsula. Little Inn is right in the middle of the action. Very easy to get back and forth between restaurants, bars, and beach. The room isn't huge but we're not looking for the Walforf. The complimentary beach cruisers are a nice perk. My only complaint this time is that the shower was pretty weak. The water stream was very low. The rooms can be a bit noisy with the traffic on both sides but it's really not that bad. We'll be back when we come to town next.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IndySteve78

Dear IndySteve78,

Thank you for your kind words. We are the little hotel that constantly strives to give our guests an experience they cannot soon forget. Yes, we have beach cruisers available for our guests to experience Newport Beach or Southern Cal at their own peace and close. We also have beach chairs and umbrellas available. I'm sorry to hear about the condition of the shower in your room. I will have that looked at and resolved. Until your next visit...

Gita

Reviewed September 5, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com