Little inn By The Bay
Newport Beach Hotel(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$345
$235
  • Breakfast included
Renaissance Newport Beach Hotel(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$142
  • Restaurant
Newport Beach Marriott Bayview(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$209
$199
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$194
$164
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Solarena, BW Premier Collection(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$203
$169
  • Breakfast included
Fashion Island Hotel Newport Beach(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$275
$189
$695
$395
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$212
$206
Hotwire.com
Balboa Bay Resort(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$301
$282
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewsbeach cruisersoffer free bikesworking orderrestaurants and barsnewport
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Stayed there recently and the room was clean and very modern. Ideal for the beach (walking distance) rooms have wi fi. no breakfast.

Room Tip: have a room upstairs, down stairs there were people passing late at night! didnt bother me but might not suit some.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank birdsandbees1
LittleInn11, Manager at Little inn By The Bay, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2012

Thank you valued guest for staying with us and for taking your time to rate our Inn. We strive to achieve customer satisfaction so that you may enjoy your stay in our small boutique rooms. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed February 6, 2012

I am shocked this even got 2 stars. This place is not an "Inn". My husband and I stayed here for one night and it was a bit scary. The liquor store next door didnt help with the loud, 2am stragglers hanging around. The room felt unsafe and dirty. I wore my shoes on the carpet. The air conditioner unit was on wheels...need I say more???

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Keleye
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I stayed one night Sunday to Monday. I got two rooms, one for myself, and one for my children. The location was perfect and ideal for Adult Activities and the children. The Hotel is close to the beach and all of the restaurants and stores. The rooms were beautifully upgraded and extremely clean. I will definitely stay here again and will recommend to all of my friends. Thank you again for your services.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family

We were very pleased to have accommodated you and your kids. We take pride in achieving customer satisfaction and we were delighted to hear that you enjoyed our newly remodeled rooms during your one night accommodation here in Newport Beach. We thank you for taking your time to give us an excellent review and recommending us to your friends. We hope to accommodate you in the future.

Reviewed January 16, 2012

I was aprehensive about staying at the little inn (January 2012), as can be imagined based on the reviews. Work was about to get very busy for a few months and so I decided to take a quick sun break since my partner was in Newport for his work for a few weeks and the company he is doing work for was paying for the accomodatons at the inn.

We were in room 12, which is on the second floor. The room is European boutique size, so quite small. The furnishings are new and pretty nice, done in dark wood, white linens and towels.. There was a table and two chairs in the corner, a night stand on either side of the queen bed, a little area with about five wood hangers and a shelf, a large dresser at the end of the bed with a flat screen TV above it (too high though! hard to change channels propped up in bed), and a wood shelving unit that held a bigger-than-mini fridge, microwave, and coffee station. The bathroom is a decent size in this room. It's long and narrow, two light switches, hair dryer, shower cap, liquid soaps, again dark wood shelving under the sink, and new tiling in the bath/shower and floor.

The inn is next to a liquor store, but the night time noise I heard most was drunken conversations as people walked along the sidewalk under our window. As a downtown city girl, this did not bother me, and it was not excessive or frequent.

I didn't have need to interact with the front desk, so I cannot comment on their customer service skills. One particular cleaning staff seemed a bit dense, knocking insistently despite me yelling through the door (in my dressing gown with a towel on my head) that I didn't want service at that moment--she then entered my room with her key. Sheesh. And one morning when I got back after they'd cleaned, the decorative throw for the bed was rolled in a ball in the corner (not how we'd left it).

The location is very good, about four minutes walk to the beach. There is a Mexican restaurant on the opposite corner that was good, and a number of decent eateries about a ten minute walk. McDonald's is right across the street, and Subway too if that's your thing.

I didn't use the free bikes that I saw outside, so I don't know how good a shape they're in.

And one more comment, if you like coffee shops, is to go to Alta on 31st. Great little place!

Room Tip: Room 12 had a long, narrow bathroom with decent counter top space. The room's window was to the street, which was good since it wasn't over the parking lot.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo

Dear valued guest, we are pleased to have accommodated you at our Little Inn. Your thoughts and opinions are very important to us as we pride ourselves in achieving customer satisfaction. Your feedback not only helps us improve our service, but it also helps travelers. Thank you for taking your time in giving us a good review.

Reviewed January 16, 2012

Our room on the first floor was renovated and nicely decorated with fine linen etc
it was however dark and at night noisy with traffic and loud groups of people partying in the local bars
no out or in door space to relax
we will not return

Room Tip: walking distance to beach
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bess32355

We are very pleased that you enjoyed our remodeled rooms. Little Inn by The Bay is surrounded by local restaurants and bars therefore it is difficult to control people who are not our guest. It is unfortunate you could not find our outdoor patio which is located on the north side of our building off of Newport Blvd. and 28th St. and it faces 28th St. We are sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with your stay, please accept our most sincere apologies.