“Ideal for the Beach!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Little inn By The Bay
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Newport Beach
“Ideal for the Beach!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2012

Stayed there recently and the room was clean and very modern. Ideal for the beach (walking distance) rooms have wi fi. no breakfast.

Room Tip: have a room upstairs, down stairs there were people passing late at night! didnt bother me but migh...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank M2DOW
LittleInn11, Manager at Little inn By The Bay, responded to this review, March 2, 2012
Thank you valued guest for staying with us and for taking your time to rate our Inn. We strive to achieve customer satisfaction so that you may enjoy your stay in our small boutique rooms. We hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Finnish first
Vegas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

I am shocked this even got 2 stars. This place is not an "Inn". My husband and I stayed here for one night and it was a bit scary. The liquor store next door didnt help with the loud, 2am stragglers hanging around. The room felt unsafe and dirty. I wore my shoes on the carpet. The air conditioner unit was on wheels...need I say more???

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Keleye

Travelers are raving about these Newport Beach hotels

Anaheim, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2012

I stayed one night Sunday to Monday. I got two rooms, one for myself, and one for my children. The location was perfect and ideal for Adult Activities and the children. The Hotel is close to the beach and all of the restaurants and stores. The rooms were beautifully upgraded and extremely clean. I will definitely stay here again and will recommend to all of my friends. Thank you again for your services.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We were very pleased to have accommodated you and your kids. We take pride in achieving customer satisfaction and we were delighted to hear that you enjoyed our newly remodeled rooms during your one night accommodation here in Newport Beach. We thank you for taking your time to give us an excellent review and recommending us to your friends. We hope to accommodate you in the future.
Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2012

I was aprehensive about staying at the little inn (January 2012), as can be imagined based on the reviews. Work was about to get very busy for a few months and so I decided to take a quick sun break since my partner was in Newport for his work for a few weeks and the company he is doing work for was paying for the accomodatons at the inn.

We were in room 12, which is on the second floor. The room is European boutique size, so quite small. The furnishings are new and pretty nice, done in dark wood, white linens and towels.. There was a table and two chairs in the corner, a night stand on either side of the queen bed, a little area with about five wood hangers and a shelf, a large dresser at the end of the bed with a flat screen TV above it (too high though! hard to change channels propped up in bed), and a wood shelving unit that held a bigger-than-mini fridge, microwave, and coffee station. The bathroom is a decent size in this room. It's long and narrow, two light switches, hair dryer, shower cap, liquid soaps, again dark wood shelving under the sink, and new tiling in the bath/shower and floor.

The inn is next to a liquor store, but the night time noise I heard most was drunken conversations as people walked along the sidewalk under our window. As a downtown city girl, this did not bother me, and it was not excessive or frequent.

I didn't have need to interact with the front desk, so I cannot comment on their customer service skills. One particular cleaning staff seemed a bit dense, knocking insistently despite me yelling through the door (in my dressing gown with a towel on my head) that I didn't want service at that moment--she then entered my room with her key. Sheesh. And one morning when I got back after they'd cleaned, the decorative throw for the bed was rolled in a ball in the corner (not how we'd left it).

The location is very good, about four minutes walk to the beach. There is a Mexican restaurant on the opposite corner that was good, and a number of decent eateries about a ten minute walk. McDonald's is right across the street, and Subway too if that's your thing.

I didn't use the free bikes that I saw outside, so I don't know how good a shape they're in.

And one more comment, if you like coffee shops, is to go to Alta on 31st. Great little place!

Room Tip: Room 12 had a long, narrow bathroom with decent counter top space. The room's window was to the...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear valued guest, we are pleased to have accommodated you at our Little Inn. Your thoughts and opinions are very important to us as we pride ourselves in achieving customer satisfaction. Your feedback not only helps us improve our service, but it also helps travelers. Thank you for taking your time in giving us a good review.
Encinitas, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2012

Our room on the first floor was renovated and nicely decorated with fine linen etc
it was however dark and at night noisy with traffic and loud groups of people partying in the local bars
no out or in door space to relax
we will not return

Room Tip: walking distance to beach
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bess32355
We are very pleased that you enjoyed our remodeled rooms. Little Inn by The Bay is surrounded by local restaurants and bars therefore it is difficult to control people who are not our guest. It is unfortunate you could not find our outdoor patio which is located on the north side of our building off of Newport Blvd. and 28th St. and it faces 28th St. We are sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with your stay, please accept our most sincere apologies.
Taos, New Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

We booked a room with high expectations, none of which were met.

The room size was small to the point of discomfort. The bathroom was so small that you couldn't use the toilet without the lavatory being right in your face. The shower door could not be opened all the way. There were no soap dishes in the shower, nor towel racks to hang a wet towel.

They refuse to answer their office phone. We called twice for service, the first time we let the phone ring about 10 times. We ended up having to ball the 800 number to get an answer, and, when asked, the desk clerk said the phone was broken. The second we called we let it ring 8 times, hung up, dialed again and let it ring another 8 times. When I went down to talk to the clerk in person, she said that she tired to answer but the ringing had stopped by the time she reached the phone. Not that the phone was broken.

The place was VERY noisy. There is a translucent window in the door with a bright light just outside that shines all night long and no way to turn it off.

We were very disappointed and will know better next time.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TaosRes
LittleInn11, Manager at Little inn By The Bay, responded to this review, March 4, 2012
We appreciate your feedback it always helps our service improve. Some of our rooms are a bit smaller than others, but if you decide to stay with us we would like to accommodate you in one of our more spacious rooms so that you can see that all of our rooms are different sizes.

We apologize if you could not find soap dishes and towel racks during your stay, but we have already made sure that all these things you have brought to our attention have been fixed. All of our rooms now have shampoo and body wash dispensers as well as liquid hand soap near the sink and the shower door now has two hooks to hang your wet towels.

We would like to remind you that we only have one staff member in the office that handles not only calls, but that also has to deal with maintenance issues since our maintenance employee is not on site. Perhaps during your stay another guest needed extra towels or pillows, we try to satisfy and accommodate all of our guests, for this reason sometimes it is hard to answer all phone calls.

Unfortunately we can not do anything regarding noise, may we remind you that our hotel is located off of a major street. However, when our guests get loud we let them know that we do have other guest in the building. If you would like to come during a quieter time of the year we recommend October-February which are our off season months. All hotels have lights along the hallways for security reasons, I would like to apologize if our security lights bothered you.

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking your time in rating our Inn. We hope that in the future we are able to better accommodate you.
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

I left my laptop in my room and walked up the street to get breakfast. I told the front desk I did NOT need my room cleaned and I left the "DO NOT DISTURB" sign on.
When I got back, my door was slightly opened and I discovered 2 of the front desk people in my room. When I asked them why are they in my room when I specifically said I dont need my room cleaned, they replied "Oh, we're not cleaning your room, we are checking the iron and ironing board." Their accent was very thick middle eastern and hard to understand and their attitude was dismissive and disrespectful. I cant believe they dont respect privacy. They could have waited until I checked out to check their ironing boards and to respect the "Do Not Disturb" sign.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SBau
We are extremely sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with your stay. Please accept our sincere apology for all the inconvenience s that happened during your stay, we can assure you that the things you have brought to our attention will have immediate correction.