“Excellent stay”

Hyatt Regency Newport Beach
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Newport Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stayed for 7 nights and had a wonderful stay. Staff were great and we really felt welcomed. The hotel has been renovated so rooms and public places were nice and modern. It has access to back bay which meant lots of morning runs in the sunshine. We'd stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mekongarts
Sarah M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2014

Thank you so much for your great feedback! We hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Newport Beach

Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for business and felt as though I was on a mini vacation. The grounds are beautiful and the room was lovely, as it overlooked the pool. The staff was notvthe friendliest I've encountered but they weren't rude either. This would be a great family spot in the summer.

• Stayed: October 2013
Sarah M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

Thank you for your great feedback! I'm sorry to hear that you didn’t experience the best service possible from our staff. I will make sure our guest service teams reads your feedback so we may use this as a coaching tool for the future. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

My wife and I stayed here 20yrs ago and it was stated that it had undergone considerable upgrading. The grounds are lovely well kept but was slightly disappointed in rooms whilst plenty big enough were nothing you couldnt find in a cheaper hotel chain. We were in room 266 nice and quiet with balcony albeit having two large conifer trees right outside which blocked the light and any sun were you to get any and couldnt really see any upgrade from the last time we stayed. Bathroom had been given a slight upgrade new basin but quite small. The lobby area very comfortable with chairs and tables. Lobby used for breakfast area in the mornings and a bar area in the evenings which was a very good idea. We ate breakfast in the Shor restaurant very good ,reasonable, staff were very pleasant. We had a couple of small bar meals in the bar area in the evenings. There are 3 pools to choose from including an adult only pool. Near Fashion Island Mall and hotel runs free transport also down to Balboa Island, you need a car the hotel is a bit away from anywhere. Now to the parking charge it really spoils it when you pay good money for a decent hotel and then have $22 a night added onto your bill the car park is huge it isnt as if space was at a premium to park.there is also $10 a day for wi-fi although perhaps the visiting business men may claim it back on expenses it makes it even more expensive for us travellers. We had a quiet restful stay but not near as good as the stay we had in the Hyatt Huntington Beach last year if you can choose the latter is the better hotel (still with parking wi-fi charges though!)

Room Tip: Some rooms are quite a distance from main building if you are not too good to walk.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your great response on Trip Advisor! I'm sorry you were disappointed with parking and Internet fees. Parking is ran through a 3d party company. They stay competitively priced with all other hotels in the area. We no longer have an Internet fee. We now offer the resort fee that includes many different things to make our resort more cost effective for families that are staying with us. The resort fee includes high speed internet for 6 devices, complimentary items such as bike rentals, bottled water, local and 800 calls, green fees at our golf course, beach kits, kids re-usable cups etc. We also offer a shuttle that runs every 2 hours to fashion island and balboa island for our guests who don’t have a car or who simply would rather use the shuttle.

Thank you for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Stayed here for two nights yesterday and the day before. All in all it was a pretty nice hotel, good food, nice pools, but the walls are so ridiculously thin. I was on the second floor in room 206 and i could literally hear the couple next to me going at one another all night long... it sounded like they were having a great time but i got no sleep all night thanks to the paper thin walls. i saw the couple on saturday morning and the girl was freaking hot so i can't say i would blame the guy for not being able to contain himself all night but i can blame the walls. there was far too much fun going on in the next room for me to get even an ounce of sleep...

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank blackjack54
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I have used Trip Advisor many times and decided I need to start contributing. When I travel to Cali I always stay at the Hyatt Newport Beach close to Huntington beach without the riff raff. Mall is within bloocks as is the harbor. Great golfing and an overall safe feel. Granted I think the parking is over priced but you know your vehicle will be safe.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank imshyann

Thank you for your feedback! We look forward to you staying with us again!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Stayed here for one night last week with my husband and 8 year old. I was expecting more of this property based on the reviews. It was an ok property but it didn't meet my expectations based on other Hyatt Regencies that I have stayed at. This is an old property, rooms with low ceilings, toilet literally next to shower, so much so you can't open the sliding shower door on that side, room was on the very small side. For one night it was ok, but I had hoped to extend our stay. We decided to move on. It is centrally located, near fashion island mall, and a short drive to the beach and balboa, but we had lots of air traffic noise first thing in the morning. Also, when the valet brought our car the next morning it had a wine cork under the wiper blades that we most certainly didn't put there.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Chicotravel

Thank you very much for your response. I'm very sorry to hear that you do not intend to visit our Hotel again. We are a historical property originally built in the 60's. Our structure still maintains the authentic character of the decade. Every building on property offers a different experience to our guests. We truly appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt as part of a conference. I have high expectations when I stay at a Hyatt property and, by and large, this one did not disappoint. The staff that greeted me was very friendly and professional. They even had fresh cookies available when I checked in.

It is true what some of the other reviews say: the various buildings that make up the resort sprawl over a sizeable area. However, from this Northerner's experience, having to walk a little extra among the palm trees and sunshine of Southern California is not such a drawback. If you have limited mobility, though, I can see why it would be an issue.

I found the room clean and comfortable. One of the areas near my room was under renovation, but I had no problems with noise.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Max D

Thank you for your wonderful feedback! I'm happy you were able to enjoy the beauty of our resort! We hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newport Beach
The Duke Hotel Newport Beach
The Duke Hotel Newport Beach
#9 of 18 in Newport Beach
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach R...
#1 of 21 in Huntington Beach
The Resort at Pelican Hill
The Resort at Pelican Hill
#4 of 18 in Newport Beach

Been to Hyatt Regency Newport Beach? Share your experiences!