Hyatt Regency Newport Beach
$142
Renaissance Hotels
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $178/night.

Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$203
$169
Marriott Hotels
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of $269/night.

Holiday Inn Express Newport Beach(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$163
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $201/night.

Hotel Solarena, BW Premier Collection(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$269
  • Breakfast included
Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$220
Newport Beach Hotel(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$235
  • Breakfast included
Balboa Bay Resort(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$210
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $233/night.

Newport Beach Marriott Bayview(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$179
$169
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $264/night.

Fashion Island Hotel Newport Beach(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$229
$195
Travelocity
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $218/night.

$1,395
$595
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $659/night.

1,854 results
All reviewsshor restaurantbalboa buildingfashion islandjazz festivalgolf courseshuffle boardlobby barself parkbeautiful groundsbike rentalsnice propertymain buildingorange county airportjohn wayne airportfree shuttleshuttle servicefitness center
Reviewed September 28, 2013

This is a high end luxury resort hotel and one pays a very steep price to stay here. Expect extra charges for self-parking, etc. Just don't expect complimentary breakfast or anything without paying more. It is what it is. Thus, one should expect top service and amenities. The staff did not disappoint. The food was outstanding. I had one of the best steaks ever here in the dining room. There are several pools and it is just a short walk to the beach.

The rooms are well-appointed. Yes, it is true that there is very little privacy (well, not really any privacy) due to louvers in the bathroom doors. Annoying, cheap and low class, but that is about the only flaw in the room. The cleanliness was outstanding. The beds are very comfortable.

Room Tip: There are many choices. Just ask the desk clerk to explain options. We had a room facing the patio and enjoyed a world class concert by Chris Botti without having to buy a ticket.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I travelled here on a work trip. My work paid for the room and everything else. We have to have roommates in my profession and was put into a room with double beds. First off the bathroom door is not really there. They are shutters! You can hear and see almost everything through them. If you need a room with a double bed then you are staying with friends or children and I don't think that the whole room needs to hear you go to the bathroom! Put freaking doors up! Plus the beds have a sheet as a comforter and there are NO blankets in the room. Freezing cold even when they brought be an extra thin blanket. Then there is the sewage smell that spews up from the back of the building. Our room was at the back of the hotel so from the lobby it was a long walk that was up and down stairs, up and down, up and down. The food was OK. Nothing special. The ONLY plus was the staff was very nice and welcoming. The front desk staff that checked me in was a little slow. They had mixed up my first and last name so they told me they didn't have a room for me. He had to get a manager to figure out the mistake. There are so many other places to stay in Newport. Don't bother with this Hyatt.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2013

My first stay at The Hyatt Newport Beach was March 2013 (business trip) and it was shortly after they just completed the 15 million-dollar renovation. This by far is one of the cleanest and well laid-out resorts I have visited. The beds are super comfortable with many fluffy pillows. The drapes are designed to block out the daylight so you'll get a restful sleep. The room decor is warm and reflects the upscale feel of Newport Beach. I actually stay at this property just about every other weekend and I truly look forward to seeing the friendly staff. Robert, the valet, always greets me with a pleasant smile and Sarah Morris has been absolutely phenomenal !! Out of all the Hyatt hotels I frequent, Hyatt Newport Beach is by far my favorite. For the business traveler, its perfect since it has an upscale executive feel with all the business amenities offered. If you are visiting with your family, its designed well with plenty of fun pools, cabanas and a well stocked snack shop. I especially enjoy the close proximity to Fashion Island shopping and Whole Foods.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RandallWec
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed here for one night in the beginning of September. I found the customer service to be top notch. I expect great service from a hotel of this caliber but you don't always receive it. Check-in was smooth. They gave us an option of a few different rooms. We choose one straight through the main building in the next building by the pool with the water slide. As for the room: bathroom was great, beds were very comfortable, plenty of space. We did not visit the restaurant at the hotel but there was one. We did use the hot tub, which was actually quite large. Training for a half marathon, there was a really nice running path easily accessible out the back of the hotel, something I couldn't in every location we visited on this trip. They did have a fitness center as well that was nice. After checking in, we headed out and the front desk staff was very helpful with some info about the area.

I think would have been a great location for those looking for more a resort type experience where you can do everything practically without leaving the premise. It was also great for our fast paced travel style of exploring the surrounding area and experiencing as many of the hotel amenities as well.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Not your typical business and convention type Hyatt but a relaxed resort type hotel. Property is sprawling as such valet parking is well worth your buck more so as the place was packed with a lot of people that weekend with a wedding and a jazz festival going on.

I got a room at the swimming pool level which meant walking down a few steps . Room was huge and the bathroom was nicely decorated. What was surprising was the noise from the pool did not permeate into the room. I was a bit worried about the internet connectivity due to the size of the property but no problem at all. What I really liked about the people here was the great customer service that you receive from everyone. From the valet, front desk, bartender and even room service, everyone gave their utmost to the point that you want to come back again. And I don't mind doing that in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo