5 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com$284
Expedia.com$284
Priceline$284
Travelocity$284
FindHotel$284
eDreams$284
All reviews rooftop deck boogie boards beach towels afternoon cookies fresh cookies across the street post card within walking distance yogurt free breakfast breakfast sandwich home away from home the location is perfect dvd player little things definitely stay here again third floor
Selected filters
Reviewed March 2, 2020 via mobile

My hubby and I stayed here for 2 nights in Feb 2020...this has to be one if the most charming hotels I’ve ever seen!

The rooms were very clean and had so much character...the rooftop deck has a beautiful view and would be a lovely place to enjoy breakfast.

The breakfast (included) was great! They offer breads, fresh baked croissants, muffins, cereal, fruit, boiled eggs, oatmeal ect. as well as breakfast sandwiches that you put in the microwave. While I didn’t try one of those, my hubby seemed to enjoy them.

In the afternoon we came back and found fresh baked cookies in the lobby as well as delicious spa water flavoured with different fruits like pineapple and strawberries.

They have a large collection of DVD’s that you can borrow for free if you want a quiet movie night in your room, and you can buy a bag of microwave popcorn for $1.

The staff here are amazing! Very friendly, quickly learned our names and genuinely thanked us for our visit.

Included with your stay is free use of their beach gear (chairs, boogie boards, beach towels ect) which is a great value over renting from nearby shops. The beach is just across the street, so you can leave your car (free hotel parking!), grab a few toys and walk across to find a spot on the beach.

We will absolutely be back to stay here again! Loved every minute!

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChristinaK2011
Fred-BSPH1, Owner at Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel - Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2020

Christina,
Thank you for taking the time to write us such a nice review. I am so happy that you got to enjoy all of the little extras that Bay Shores has to offer! The afternoon cookies are my favorite! Our staff is really wonderful, and I couldn't be happier that you found them to be genuine and friendly. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed February 24, 2020

The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. The hotel, located just one block from both the ocean and Newport Bay along with numerous places to eat and parks for the kids, is very clean and comfortable. Having a large DVD library and beach toys makes it great for families. The views from the rooftop deck are gorgeous and it is a great place to enjoy the included breakfast. I would definitely stay there again if traveling to the Newport Beach area.

1  Thank davidnbeth

David,
Thank you for your 5/5 review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you'll be back in the future!

Reviewed February 9, 2020

The room was plenty fine, the bathroom too, the staff were extra nice, the breakfast was nothing fancy but very tasty, coffee and cookies 24/7 available and fine. No view because we were in the first floor but it was fine too, very close to the beach, parking was free and available. Convenient, friendly, clean, inexpensive laundry, instead of cable TV they have DVDs to rent, this time we needed this and it was such a great selection. So refreshing to be in a hotel without a chain name. Just super!!!

Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank Melia G
Fred-BSPH1, Owner at Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel - Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2020

Melia,
I am so happy to hear that felt so relaxed and comfortable at Bay Shores.Thank you for such a great review! I hope you'll come back and stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed February 5, 2020

We spent a long weekend and had a great time. The staff goes out of their way to be helpful. The roof deck is a great place to spend a sunny breakfast, lunch or dinner. The room was very clean. Beach chairs and towels for use. We'll be back.

1  Thank N537RQrickg

Thank you for leaving us such a great review. The rooftop sundeck is definitely a favorite! The views are unbeatable- I'm happy you took a meal upstairs to enjoy them! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed January 4, 2020

I can’t say enough about the BEST experience at Bay Shores! FRIENDLY STAFF, CLEAN rooms, convenient to great restaurants and beach, and the smell of Fresh Baked cookies everyday!!! Thank you Bay Shores!!!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank I4248XYkarend
Fred-BSPH1, Owner at Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel - Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2020

Karen,
I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much. It is our joy have you, and our staff really does go out of their way to make you feel at home away from home. Please book another stay with us next time you're visiting!