5 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$284
Hotels.com$284
Priceline$284
Travelocity$284
FindHotel$284
eDreams$284
All reviews rooftop deck boogie boards beach towels afternoon cookies fresh cookies across the street post card within walking distance yogurt free breakfast breakfast sandwich home away from home the location is perfect dvd player little things definitely stay here again third floor
Selected filters
Reviewed October 24, 2019 via mobile

Found this hotel on Booking.com and what a gem . Yes it’s an older building but it has so much charm and character. The staff are so friendly and helpful. Breakfast is a continental , lots of fresh fruit,cereals. Fresh fruit is put in your room daily. Beds are really comfortable. Location is fantastic just a road away from the beach. Five minute walk to the pier. Lots of choices of food. We stayed for 3 nights, would definitely return. The roof terrace gives you the most beautiful views.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank paulajanewoods
Fred-BSPH1, Owner at Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel - Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2020

Paula,
Sorry your review went without response! Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review. It was our joy to have you stay with us and we look forward to seeing you back in the future.

Reviewed October 22, 2019

This is by far a great place to stay! We were very warmly and personally greeted by a wonderful, effervescent lady named Bridget. It was the kind of personal welcome that you would expect from one who has looked forward to meeting you for quite some time. She is filled to the brim with knowledge not only about the hotel and its great accommodations and extras (like beach towels, chairs & other stuff you can borrow from there), but also what there is to do in the area. Absolutely the most positive reception I've ever had in a hotel! Already 5 stars.

The room was wonderfully adorned with cozy furniture and artwork. It felt more like a studio apartment than a hotel room. And on the bed was a hand written welcome card (also from Bridget). And a BIG bonus for me was...the windows open!! Yes, A/C or fresh air - your choice! The bathroom had this beautiful new floor tiling that really pleases the eye. And it is a very quiet place to sleep even with the windows open. Very restful indeed!

The location is excellent as well. One block west and you are on Newport Beach, one block east and you are on the beach of Newport Bay. You can't beat this!

And to top it all off, a few days after our stay, we received a hand written thank you postcard for choosing to stay there from Warren. I can't say enough about this place! I look forward to staying there again!

2  Thank D11RCD

Thanks for such a wonderful detailed review. Sorry that it slipped through the holiday cracks and didn't get a response until now, but I wanted to personally thank you for staying with us as well. I hope you'll come back in the future for another visit.

Reviewed October 22, 2019

Fantastic hotel with an even more fantastic staff! Greeted by Warren with hot cookies. Entire hotel is as advertised. Donna was fantastic.... more cookies!!! Breakfast by Donna was fantastic... hot croissants!! Will always stay here when visiting Newport Beach!! Oh, the rooftop is also fantastic!!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Don H
Reviewed October 22, 2019 via mobile

Brought our family to Newport Beach for the 1st time. Booked the Bay Shore Peninsula Hotel due to it's great reviews. They weren't joking. This place is a home away from home. Very cute clean hotel with beachy vibes,outstanding customer service, sun deck view to the gorgeous beach, the guy in the front who checked us in remembered my husband's name very polite (also the ladies in the front desk, super nice!!) and even told my husband about a space to park our big truck. Security cameras are everywhere and that is a plus!! They let us borrow beach chairs, boogie boards, an umbrella and toys for my little ones.
We had 2 beds 1 king and 1 queen and the suite was awesome. Breakfast was great and they have delicious cookies and hot cocoa and snacks!!! We didn't think the hotel was that close to the beach , when we walked to the beach for the first time I couldn't believe I could see the ocean as we were crossing the street. AMAZING beach, great place to stay. Will definitely come back. From a family in AZ, thank you Bay Shore Peninsula Hotel for the awesome hospitality and thank you Newport Beach for a wonderful amazing relaxing time.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank AZfam5
Reviewed October 21, 2019

I checked in a bit earlier than I should have, however the warm welcome and incredible hospitality i received from Donna when I checked in left a very warm and incredibly satisfying first impression of Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel! Upon check - in Donna invited me to park in the reserved parking spaces for hotel guests, which was AWESOME since parking can be difficult along the peninsula. Afterwards I was shown the kitchen, given a free breakfast, offered coffee, cookies, and even access to a completely complimentary DVD collection! This place rocks. Every staff member I encountered was full of life and so attentive to my needs. On top of the hotel there is a GREAT rooftop hangout, also introduced to me by Donna. I ended up spending hours up there, watching the sunset and enjoying pizza with other hotel guests until after 9PM! The room was clean, comfortable and surf-themed! In the end I ended up leaving two shirts and a pair of pants hanging in the closet... I called them and they grabbed my shirts and offered to hold them or even mail them! Highly recommend, I will definitely be using this hotel every year when business sends me to Newport!

Room tip: I don't think there are any poorly located rooms.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business