All reviews rooftop deck beach equipment boogie boards fresh baked cookies every afternoon across the street post card small hotel free beach continental breakfast within walking distance hard boiled eggs yogurt little extras perfect location bars and restaurants short walk to the beach
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great location staff could not have been nicer or more accommodating we totally enjoyed our stay and look forward to returning. Just a short walk to the boardwalk and then longer walk to Balboa Island but we thoroughly enjoyed it

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed August 6, 2019

What a great stay! I spent two nights here with my 11 year daughter for a beach getaway and would love to come back. I chose Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel because of the great reviews I read and I must say everything is true. Coming from Chicago we loved the beachy feel and decorations and the amenities include thoughtful touches other hotels don't provide. We had everything we needed for beach fun and the staff were so friendly and helpful in giving us recommendations. I wondered if I would mind not being directly on the beach but it is adjacent to a lovely park with lighthouse and there is a beach on the bay one block in one direction and the ocean beach one block in the other direction. We never needed a car. Really, really great classic beach hotel. Thanks for the memories and especially the warm cookies!!

Date of stay: August 2019
Fred-BSPH1, Owner at Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel - Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2019

Linda,
It was such a joy to hear that you came all the way from Chicago and that you enjoyed your beach getaway with us at Bay Shores. It is really nice to be nestled right between the beautiful bay and the beach and I'm so glad you got a chance to go to both and enjoy yourselves. We would love to welcome you both back for a future visit- maybe a family tradition in the making! Thank you for your review.

Reviewed July 31, 2019 via mobile

This hotel is safe, clean, comfortable, well maintained, conveniently located and staffed by some of the nicest people you will ever meet. It also has free parking, continental breakfast and lots of beach toys to borrow for a great day of relaxation with the family. I would definitely come back here again!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family

Laureen,
Thank you for your wonderful review. I'm so happy to hear that you were treated so nicely and offered a warm welcome. We really aim to make you feel at home away from home!

Reviewed July 28, 2019 via mobile

We grew up in the Newport area and after moving out of state visit the Newport area regularly to visit family and have family vacations. This is the first time we stayed at bay shores and believe me it won’t be the last! We have stayed at other boutique hotel and the “big ones” and this little gem was fantastic.
The rooms were quite roomy and clean. Everything you could possibly need was available (chairs, boogie boards etc) the walking distance to beach and restaurants super easy. The entire staff was so helpful and friendly. I wish I knew all the names but Donna and Warren stuck out in my mind.
If there was a sixth star I’d have given it!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Wow! What a wonderful review. Thank you for taking the time to highlight Donna and Warren. They are exceptional members of the hotel family and I am so happy to hear that you were offered such a warm welcome from them both. I am also glad you got a chance to take out some of our beach equipment and enjoy the nearby restaurants. Hope to see you again in the future for another stay.

Reviewed July 3, 2019 via mobile

From the moment we checked in until we checked out, the property, room, staff, amenities and location were and are 5 Star. We were informed of places to go, things to do and restaurants to dine. Additionally, the property offered, as part of the stay, free gear for our beach excursions. If you have the opportunity to stay here, do so. You and your loved ones will not be disappointed.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Fred-BSPH1, Owner at Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel - Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2019

Jason,
Thank you for leaving Bay Shores such a great review. I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We always like to make recommendations of things to do, and go out of our way to make you feel at home while you're away from home. Hope to see you again in the future!