All reviews rooftop deck beach equipment boogie boards fresh baked cookies every afternoon across the street post card small hotel free beach continental breakfast within walking distance hard boiled eggs yogurt little extras chain hotel perfect location bars and restaurants
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel is safe, clean, comfortable, well maintained, conveniently located and staffed by some of the nicest people you will ever meet. It also has free parking, continental breakfast and lots of beach toys to borrow for a great day of relaxation with the family. I would definitely come back here again!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Fred-BSPH1, Owner at Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel - Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Laureen,
Thank you for your wonderful review. I'm so happy to hear that you were treated so nicely and offered a warm welcome. We really aim to make you feel at home away from home!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We grew up in the Newport area and after moving out of state visit the Newport area regularly to visit family and have family vacations. This is the first time we stayed at bay shores and believe me it won’t be the last! We have stayed at other boutique hotel and the “big ones” and this little gem was fantastic.
The rooms were quite roomy and clean. Everything you could possibly need was available (chairs, boogie boards etc) the walking distance to beach and restaurants super easy. The entire staff was so helpful and friendly. I wish I knew all the names but Donna and Warren stuck out in my mind.
If there was a sixth star I’d have given it!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Wow! What a wonderful review. Thank you for taking the time to highlight Donna and Warren. They are exceptional members of the hotel family and I am so happy to hear that you were offered such a warm welcome from them both. I am also glad you got a chance to take out some of our beach equipment and enjoy the nearby restaurants. Hope to see you again in the future for another stay.

Reviewed July 3, 2019 via mobile

From the moment we checked in until we checked out, the property, room, staff, amenities and location were and are 5 Star. We were informed of places to go, things to do and restaurants to dine. Additionally, the property offered, as part of the stay, free gear for our beach excursions. If you have the opportunity to stay here, do so. You and your loved ones will not be disappointed.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Fred-BSPH1, Owner at Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel - Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Jason,
Thank you for leaving Bay Shores such a great review. I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We always like to make recommendations of things to do, and go out of our way to make you feel at home while you're away from home. Hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed July 2, 2019

Newport Beach has beautiful beaches and great for body surfing, surfing, bike riding, walking. Bay Shores is located at 18th street which is the perfect location for the aforementioned. This was our second stay there. It's a close walk to the pier which has bike rentals food , tons of places, bars. Up the street is Jacks surf shop which has loads of beach gear.

We came back because the themed and nice rooms, laid back back style. Its a short walk to the beach and we kept our goodies in the refrig in the room.. strolled back for lunch. Nice places to site outside and on rooftop deck. Enjoy!

Room tip: I like the second floor
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Carl,
It really does sound like you were able to relax during your stay with us. It is our ultimate goal for you to feel at home away from home and to explore all that Newport Beach has to offer while you're at Bay Shores. Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a great review. It was a pleasure welcoming you back for a second stay.

Reviewed June 30, 2019

Wow, there is a reason why this hotel is #1 in Newport Beach. Even though the exterior may look like an older hotel, my room was very clean and felt comfortable. The front desk provides amazing service and a great conversation (Donna, you are awesome!) I also loved the little extras and guest customization that's hard to find these days, from the hand written card on the pillow with chocolates to the post card they send to your home address after you depart. You start feeling like more than a guest, but more like a friend that they welcome back again in the future. Well done! I am so so glad I switched to this hotel at the last minute after first booking at the Balboa Bay Resort, where they charge a hefty valet parking fee on top of a ridiculous resort fee. Bay Shores Peninsula provides ample parking, NO extra hidden costs or resort fees, free breakfast and walking distance to the beach. I felt like I saved money and had a very comfortable time staying here. There is also a very chill roof top balcony on top of the hotel, great for sunset viewing with a lot of tables and chairs. I would totally return again!

Room tip: 3rd floor has some ocean views!
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Tammy,

Reading your review was such a pleasure. We really do want your stay to be enjoyable from start to finish! Thank you for taking the time to tell us how much you enjoyed all of the little details. Please don't hesitate to stay with us again in the future. We can't wait to welcome you back- like a friend!