All reviews rooftop deck beach equipment boogie boards fresh baked cookies every afternoon across the street post card small hotel free beach continental breakfast within walking distance hard boiled eggs yogurt little extras chain hotel perfect location bars and restaurants
Selected filters
Reviewed July 3, 2019 via mobile

From the moment we checked in until we checked out, the property, room, staff, amenities and location were and are 5 Star. We were informed of places to go, things to do and restaurants to dine. Additionally, the property offered, as part of the stay, free gear for our beach excursions. If you have the opportunity to stay here, do so. You and your loved ones will not be disappointed.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Fred-BSPH1, Owner at Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel - Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Jason,
Thank you for leaving Bay Shores such a great review. I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We always like to make recommendations of things to do, and go out of our way to make you feel at home while you're away from home. Hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed July 2, 2019

Newport Beach has beautiful beaches and great for body surfing, surfing, bike riding, walking. Bay Shores is located at 18th street which is the perfect location for the aforementioned. This was our second stay there. It's a close walk to the pier which has bike rentals food , tons of places, bars. Up the street is Jacks surf shop which has loads of beach gear.

We came back because the themed and nice rooms, laid back back style. Its a short walk to the beach and we kept our goodies in the refrig in the room.. strolled back for lunch. Nice places to site outside and on rooftop deck. Enjoy!

Room tip: I like the second floor
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Carl,
It really does sound like you were able to relax during your stay with us. It is our ultimate goal for you to feel at home away from home and to explore all that Newport Beach has to offer while you're at Bay Shores. Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a great review. It was a pleasure welcoming you back for a second stay.

Reviewed June 30, 2019

Wow, there is a reason why this hotel is #1 in Newport Beach. Even though the exterior may look like an older hotel, my room was very clean and felt comfortable. The front desk provides amazing service and a great conversation (Donna, you are awesome!) I also loved the little extras and guest customization that's hard to find these days, from the hand written card on the pillow with chocolates to the post card they send to your home address after you depart. You start feeling like more than a guest, but more like a friend that they welcome back again in the future. Well done! I am so so glad I switched to this hotel at the last minute after first booking at the Balboa Bay Resort, where they charge a hefty valet parking fee on top of a ridiculous resort fee. Bay Shores Peninsula provides ample parking, NO extra hidden costs or resort fees, free breakfast and walking distance to the beach. I felt like I saved money and had a very comfortable time staying here. There is also a very chill roof top balcony on top of the hotel, great for sunset viewing with a lot of tables and chairs. I would totally return again!

Room tip: 3rd floor has some ocean views!
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Tammy,

Reading your review was such a pleasure. We really do want your stay to be enjoyable from start to finish! Thank you for taking the time to tell us how much you enjoyed all of the little details. Please don't hesitate to stay with us again in the future. We can't wait to welcome you back- like a friend!

Reviewed June 11, 2019

Arrived and was given a warm welcome by Jenny who checked me in and then gave me a tour of the hotel and facilities. Allocated Room 208 on the side of the hotel and away from the main road. Room comfortable and well equiped. Personalised welcome note from the hotel. Ate far too many of the cookies and then hit the streets and the beach!
Great base for the area and the beach.
Lots of beach equipment and towels to hire. Desk staff full of local information and recommendations in terms of cycle hire, bars and restaurants.
Sad to leave when the time came to Uber back to LAX.

Date of stay: June 2019
Fred-BSPH1, Owner at Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel - Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2019

Donald,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review! I am so happy to hear that you felt welcomed and comfortable. I hope you took some of that free beach equipment to relax in the sunshine on 18th St. beach. Make sure to come back and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed June 4, 2019

Having had a request from a client to travel from the Valley of the Sun to Newport Beach in order to design their window treatments, my husband and I jumped at the idea to at least feel the ocean breeze. In very close proximity to our job I discovered this charming hotel that has more of a feel of a B & B. All of the employees from the front desk to the maid service were extremely kind and helpful. The small kitchen area where the help yourself breakfast is layed out, is available for snacks (yogurt, fruit, cookies, coffee, tea, etc.) 24/7 and beach equipment is ready for the taking with no added fees.The room we stayed in was of normal hotel size and was clean and loaded with nice little surprises (fruit, DVD player,more cookies, etc.) When we return to complete our work there, we will definitely stay in this hotel which is merely 1 block walk from the beach, and hopefully we will be able to take advantage of being so close.

Date of stay: May 2019

What a treat to read this review, and hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while you were in Newport Beach for work! We always try to make you feel relaxed and comfortable while you're here with us. See you next time! We look forward to welcoming you back.