All reviews rooftop deck beach equipment boogie boards fresh baked cookies every afternoon across the street post card small hotel free beach continental breakfast within walking distance hard boiled eggs yogurt little extras chain hotel perfect location bars and restaurants
Selected filters
Reviewed June 11, 2019

Arrived and was given a warm welcome by Jenny who checked me in and then gave me a tour of the hotel and facilities. Allocated Room 208 on the side of the hotel and away from the main road. Room comfortable and well equiped. Personalised welcome note from the hotel. Ate far too many of the cookies and then hit the streets and the beach!
Great base for the area and the beach.
Lots of beach equipment and towels to hire. Desk staff full of local information and recommendations in terms of cycle hire, bars and restaurants.
Sad to leave when the time came to Uber back to LAX.

Date of stay: June 2019
Fred-BSPH1, Owner at Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel - Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2019

Donald,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review! I am so happy to hear that you felt welcomed and comfortable. I hope you took some of that free beach equipment to relax in the sunshine on 18th St. beach. Make sure to come back and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed June 4, 2019

Having had a request from a client to travel from the Valley of the Sun to Newport Beach in order to design their window treatments, my husband and I jumped at the idea to at least feel the ocean breeze. In very close proximity to our job I discovered this charming hotel that has more of a feel of a B & B. All of the employees from the front desk to the maid service were extremely kind and helpful. The small kitchen area where the help yourself breakfast is layed out, is available for snacks (yogurt, fruit, cookies, coffee, tea, etc.) 24/7 and beach equipment is ready for the taking with no added fees.The room we stayed in was of normal hotel size and was clean and loaded with nice little surprises (fruit, DVD player,more cookies, etc.) When we return to complete our work there, we will definitely stay in this hotel which is merely 1 block walk from the beach, and hopefully we will be able to take advantage of being so close.

Date of stay: May 2019

What a treat to read this review, and hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while you were in Newport Beach for work! We always try to make you feel relaxed and comfortable while you're here with us. See you next time! We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed May 31, 2019

My wife and I decided to stay at Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel for an extended weekend trip while attending a wedding. We loved our stay here. The staff is extremely friendly and Warren greeted my wife and I warmly upon our arrival. We parked our car here and all except for the last night there was space at the hotel. The last night though Warrren was nice enough to keep the meter fed in a metered spot 2 steps away from the hotel. The hotel also has all these wonderful amenities that most hotels would charge you for or just don't have such as: continental breakfast, 3PM warm choco chip cookies, spa water (infused), free DVD rentals, free beach towel rentals, free beach chairs and beach toy rentals, etc... My wife and I threw on a movie at the end of most nights (took like 3 nights to watch the King's Speech since we always feel asleep). The room was perfect, very clean. Nice vanity station for my wife and good sized bathroom. Our room had a standard motel/inn type ac unit which worked wonderfully. I felt like the rooms were very well maintained and had plenty of charm you don't get in a large hotel chain. The weather was a bit cold so we didn't get to enjoy the beach but this place is a slam dunk if you're a family doing a beach trip. Just gotta bring swimsuits.

Michael,
It's always such a joy to hear that our guests take full advantage of all of the amenities that our hotel has to offer. I am so happy to hear that you felt welcome, and comfortable in the rooms with the films and fresh baked cookies! Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a fantastic review.

Reviewed May 17, 2019

I had a great stay at the Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel. The building looks like it is from the 50s, but the rooms are up to date and brightly decorated. I was on the 2nd floor and there was a balcony with chairs outside of my room - which provided a perfect place to enjoy an afternoon beer or two. Others were doing the same, which gave the property a social atmosphere. I didn't have a car but hardly felt the need for one, as there was a cluster of restaurants and bars about five minutes away by foot. The included breakfast was good. Service was consistently excellent - attentive and very friendly. I would return without hesitation.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Fred-BSPH1, Owner at Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel - Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2019

Bill,
I'm so glad that you got a chance to kick your feet up and relax during your stay with us. The balcony, the beach air, and the atmosphere at Bay Shores really makes for a nice stay. Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review. It's always our goal to treat you like family- we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed April 26, 2019

Chose to stay at the Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel based on other TripAdvisor reviews and was not disappointed!! Great location. Easy walk across the street to the beach and several restaurants close by. The staff is great, very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and well kept. Parking can be a bit of a challenge, but we were never without a spot and it's free with the room!! Overall great stay, we will definitely visit again!

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Fred-BSPH1, Owner at Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel - Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2019

Douglas,
I would understand you not wanting to tell anyone about this place, but please do! I'm happy to hear that you had a really nice stay with us. I'm glad you explored the beach and nearby restaurants- there is so much to do in Newport Beach. We're looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.