All reviews rooftop deck beach equipment boogie boards fresh baked cookies every afternoon across the street post card small hotel free beach continental breakfast within walking distance hard boiled eggs yogurt little extras chain hotel perfect location bars and restaurants
Selected filters
Reviewed April 23, 2019

I decided to do an overnight with my grandson at this hotel. This will be our "go to" place when I can afford a beach getaway for now on. I am from Sacramento. Perfect for us in all ways. Older property, rooms are smaller but 5 star experience. Clean, wonderful staff, and kid friendly. Location was perfect, which for us, was important. My only regret was that we couldn't stay more than one night. It is rather pricey, but so are all the other beach hotels.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Fred-BSPH1, Owner at Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel - Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2019

5 star experience is what I like to hear! Thank you so much for your review. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with you grandson. It sounds like a tradition in the making! We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again!

Reviewed April 21, 2019

The staff was amazing!!! Everybody was nice and went out of their way to be helpful.
The complimentary breakfast had lots of options to choose from. They had everything you needed for a day at the beach. The hotel is only a couple of blocks from the sand, and the Newport pier is in walking distance. It has the relaxed beach town feeling. The list goes on and on of how nice this hotel was. We will definitely be back.

Date of stay: April 2019

Amy,
I really enjoyed reading your review. It is so nice to hear that you got a chance to walk to the beach, and explore Newport Pier. It is one of my favorite parts of being so close to the beach. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review, and I really hope you'll be back again in the future.

Reviewed April 18, 2019 via mobile

Good job! Booked for my Aunt and Uncle who said even though property is a little older it was a 5 star experience. Furnishings are like a nice home rather than cookie cutter business. Will use again in the future.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family

Lucinda,
I appreciate your great review. We really hope to make our guests feel at "home away from home". We would love to welcome your aunt and uncle back to Bay Shores in the future!

Reviewed April 6, 2019

They provide chairs, beach towels, toys and an excellent daily breakfast. There is turn-down service and unlimited freshly baked cookies. The owners are very helpful. Beach is across the street, and pier is walking distance.

Room tip: ground floor was quiet and clean, free parking was key

Colleen,
Having the beach so close is such a wonderful feature of the hotel. I'm happy to hear that you took the chairs/ beach equipment out and that you enjoyed your stay overall. We'd love to welcome you back in the future for another stay!

Reviewed April 2, 2019

Staff is very friendly and helpful..... Quaint shore feeling... very well maintained, attention to little details. Great complimentary breakfast, (more than a continental breakfast. ) Amazing view from the rooftop patio. Great location. Free parking which is a big plus in Newport Beach. Lots of complimentary beach stuff for use..... Will definitely be back..... Loved the fresh flowers on the breakfast tables!

Maureen,
I really appreciate that you took the time to leave us such a great review. I'm happy to hear that you will be back and that you enjoyed all of the small details. We always want to make you feel at home during your stay.