All reviews rooftop deck beach equipment boogie boards fresh baked cookies every afternoon across the street post card small hotel free beach continental breakfast within walking distance hard boiled eggs yogurt little extras chain hotel perfect location bars and restaurants
Selected filters
Reviewed April 18, 2019 via mobile

Good job! Booked for my Aunt and Uncle who said even though property is a little older it was a 5 star experience. Furnishings are like a nice home rather than cookie cutter business. Will use again in the future.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Fred-BSPH1, Owner at Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel - Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2019

Lucinda,
I appreciate your great review. We really hope to make our guests feel at "home away from home". We would love to welcome your aunt and uncle back to Bay Shores in the future!

Reviewed April 6, 2019

They provide chairs, beach towels, toys and an excellent daily breakfast. There is turn-down service and unlimited freshly baked cookies. The owners are very helpful. Beach is across the street, and pier is walking distance.

Room tip: ground floor was quiet and clean, free parking was key
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Colleen,
Having the beach so close is such a wonderful feature of the hotel. I'm happy to hear that you took the chairs/ beach equipment out and that you enjoyed your stay overall. We'd love to welcome you back in the future for another stay!

Reviewed April 2, 2019

Staff is very friendly and helpful..... Quaint shore feeling... very well maintained, attention to little details. Great complimentary breakfast, (more than a continental breakfast. ) Amazing view from the rooftop patio. Great location. Free parking which is a big plus in Newport Beach. Lots of complimentary beach stuff for use..... Will definitely be back..... Loved the fresh flowers on the breakfast tables!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Maureen,
I really appreciate that you took the time to leave us such a great review. I'm happy to hear that you will be back and that you enjoyed all of the small details. We always want to make you feel at home during your stay.

Reviewed March 11, 2019

Newport Beach, meh. Bay Shores? Wonderful.

Stayed here on a business trip and was absolutely thrilled. It feels like you fell through a wormhole with all the best parts of beach chic from days past.

One block away from the beach, amazing service and not a dang thing I would change. Highly recommend.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Fred-BSPH1, Owner at Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel - Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2019

I'm so happy to hear that you were thrilled with your stay at Bay Shores, and that you you wouldn't change "a dang thing". We love to provide that kind of service. I hope you will stay with us again in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 28, 2019 via mobile

We found this place by random searching and we were so happy with our choice. I want to personally thank Ralph for all his help and tips and kindness. He made us feel like family, rather than just customers. Also Donna and Mark were just as friendly too. The hotel is clean, provides free parking , wifi and as well as free breakfast including some hot items too. I would not hesitate to stay here again . I can’t enough say We love this place

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Fred-BSPH1, Owner at Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel - Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2019

MKassapian,

We appreciate your wonderful review, and thank you so much for the 5/5! It's our goal to make you feel like family and I'm so happy to hear that Ralph, Donna, and Mark did that for you! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future for another stay.