All reviews rooftop deck beach equipment boogie boards fresh baked cookies afternoon cookies across the street small hotel within walking distance hard boiled eggs continental breakfast yogurt chain hotel little extras bars and restaurants sand toys turn down service short walk to the beach
Reviewed January 28, 2019 via mobile

We found this place by random searching and we were so happy with our choice. I want to personally thank Ralph for all his help and tips and kindness. He made us feel like family, rather than just customers. Also Donna and Mark were just as friendly too. The hotel is clean, provides free parking , wifi and as well as free breakfast including some hot items too. I would not hesitate to stay here again . I can’t enough say We love this place

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Fred-BSPH1, Owner at Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

MKassapian,

We appreciate your wonderful review, and thank you so much for the 5/5! It's our goal to make you feel like family and I'm so happy to hear that Ralph, Donna, and Mark did that for you! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future for another stay.

Reviewed January 20, 2019 via mobile

Awesome gem in Newport Beach. The best hotel staff I have encountered in all my years of traveling. The rooms are small and quaint that very clean and well-stocked. The best part is you can wake up in the morning and walk on the beach just a few steps away. This is my new favorite.

Trip type: Traveled solo

I'm so happy to hear that Bay Shores is "your new favorite". We're so happy to welcome you to the Bay Shores family! Come and stay with us again; we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 15, 2019 via mobile

This hotel was just our style, cozy with character. We felt right at home. Jenny, at the front desk, was a big help to us. She gave us the grand tour and let us know that my husband could store his fishing catch in the freezer over the weekend until we headed home on Sunday. There were so many things within walking distance. The itinerary for couples was very helpful too. We definitely would like to return with our family.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Fred-BSPH1, Owner at Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2019

Kimberly,
Happy Anniversary! It sounds like you two had such a special time. I'm happy that Jenny made you feel right at home, and I look forward to you coming back to stay with us with the family.

Reviewed January 15, 2019

I tool my wife to the Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel for her birthday weekend. From the time we got there until we left, the staff treated us like royalty. The room was clean and was just the right size. Had a nice view of the bay and everything was within walking distance. Will definitely come back.

Robert,

I'm so glad that you were treated so well while you stayed with us. Our staff is just wonderful and I'm not surprised that they were so welcoming. Thank you so much for your great review. We look forward to your stay with us in the future.

Reviewed January 9, 2019

We had never stayed here before, but as many others have done, we took a chance based on the reviews online and the pictures on the site.

The 2 $$ rating on one of the other sites had us a bit concerned because we have gotten burned by taking the chance in the past.

We are not complicated or demanding travelers. All we ask is that the place we are staying at be comfortably arranged, give us a good nice sleep, be clean and well kept, central to what we want to do in the area, staffed by "people" people, and reasonably priced. Another words, just live up to the advertising.

We were, and are so pleased with the Bay shores that we took a chance on this little gem, and we can't wait to go back.

The strongest plus is that the Hotel is so central that you really won't use your car much (except maybe to drive the few blocks to famous "Woody's diner" just down the road). A half block north and you are at the marina and a half block south and you are on the sand at the beach. The next strongest point is the staff. No matter what time of day or night the staff is hands on to help make your stay memorable. Hats off to Warren, Ralph, Jenny, and Donna who were amazing.

This is an older property but has been well maintained in such a way as to retain the original come-as-you-are "feel" of the California heritage that built the region. The property and eating area is very clean and tastefully arranged, and makes you feel at home.

A pleasant surprise is that the wifi signal is strong throughout the property; which we have found to be a real challenge in some of the "chain hotels".

Add in a roof-top patio for breathtaking views, no charge parking, fresh baked cookies, and 24hr coffee, and you have all you need for a memorable stay and returning guests every year.

As mentioned, we have never stayed here before, but we will most certainly be one of those "returning guests", and can't wait to go back.
Ralph & Caroll

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Fred-BSPH1, Owner at Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2019

Ralph and Caroll,
This was such a pleasure to read. I couldn't be happier to hear that you enjoyed all that Bay Shores has to offer. The service is really where we hope to shine and to make you feel welcome, and like family. Thank you for taking the time to write us such a wonderful review! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.