All reviews rooftop deck beach equipment boogie boards fresh baked cookies afternoon cookies across the street small hotel within walking distance hard boiled eggs continental breakfast yogurt chain hotel little extras bars and restaurants sand toys turn down service short walk to the beach
Reviewed December 28, 2018

Fantastic place! Room was perfect (clean, nice comforts), breakfast was great, and staff was friendly (and most had been at this family-owned hotel for 15-20 years)!! It is central to Newport Beach - between the Bay and the Beach, a few blocks from Newport pier. We've already reserved our room for next year!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Fred-BSPH1, Owner at Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2019

Jeff,
Thank you for leaving us these reviews. It was a pleasure to read twice that you'll be back next year. I'm not surprised that you had such a good experience with my staff- they really are a wonderful team and I'm lucky to have them, See you next year!

Reviewed December 13, 2018 via mobile

It is a great little B & B. Breakfast was great, location was perfect and the extra touches were excellent...ie...free parking, chocolate milk, beach toys, location, warm cookies, great rooftop patio...we will return!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Fred-BSPH1, Owner at Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2018

MarggeA,

It sounds like you had a great time with us and in Newport Beach. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future. Don't forget that right around this time every year there are also wonderful holiday festivities!

Reviewed December 3, 2018 via mobile

If there are truly hidden gems, this is one. It may not be fancy, but the nicest folks work here and all the amenities you need are here. Very convenient to the ocean and the marina. Easy walking to great food and drink up the boardwalk. The view from my room could not be nicer.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Fred-BSPH1, Owner at Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2018

Judim59,

Thanks for the great review! I'm glad you had an enjoyable stay with us and I'm always so happy to hear that you were treated well by my wonderful staff. Hope you'll come back and stay with us again in the future. Enjoy your holidays!

Reviewed November 29, 2018 via mobile

We stayed two nights at the Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel and we liked it a lot. The room was clean and spacious enough. Breakfast is okay and the rooftop terrace is a great place to hang out on

To be honest, this should probably have been an average hotel if it wasn't for two things that makes this place great... The location and it's staff. Warren is amazingly friendly and helpful, he alone is worth the extra mark in the rating.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Fred-BSPH1, Owner at Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2018

Mentla,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for my hotel! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you received excellent service from Warren. I hope you had a wonderful holiday and that you'll come back and stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed November 27, 2018 via mobile

We came here on a two day get away and did our research and found this gem. The reviews are spot on with how amazing this place is! The front desk both (Warren and Ralph) were exceptional, friendly and so helpful! The place is immaculate and eveything we needed and then some! The location is prime, the roof top deck is amazing, beach is so close and bars and restauants all over! We rented bikes and had a blast! We are so thankful for finding this place and look forward to coming back!!! Thank you again Warren for all your help and kindness!!!! See you soon!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you received excellent service from Warren and Ralph! They're both wonderful and I'm happy to hear that you were shown around and got a chance to enjoy the sundeck and the surrounding Newport Beach. I hope you'll come back and stay with us again sometime in the future! We look forward to welcoming you back.