All reviews rooftop deck beach equipment boogie boards fresh baked cookies afternoon cookies across the street small hotel within walking distance hard boiled eggs continental breakfast yogurt chain hotel little extras bars and restaurants sand toys turn down service short walk to the beach
Reviewed November 29, 2018 via mobile

We stayed two nights at the Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel and we liked it a lot. The room was clean and spacious enough. Breakfast is okay and the rooftop terrace is a great place to hang out on

To be honest, this should probably have been an average hotel if it wasn't for two things that makes this place great... The location and it's staff. Warren is amazingly friendly and helpful, he alone is worth the extra mark in the rating.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Fred-BSPH1, Owner at Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2018

Mentla,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for my hotel! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you received excellent service from Warren. I hope you had a wonderful holiday and that you'll come back and stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed November 27, 2018 via mobile

We came here on a two day get away and did our research and found this gem. The reviews are spot on with how amazing this place is! The front desk both (Warren and Ralph) were exceptional, friendly and so helpful! The place is immaculate and eveything we needed and then some! The location is prime, the roof top deck is amazing, beach is so close and bars and restauants all over! We rented bikes and had a blast! We are so thankful for finding this place and look forward to coming back!!! Thank you again Warren for all your help and kindness!!!! See you soon!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you received excellent service from Warren and Ralph! They're both wonderful and I'm happy to hear that you were shown around and got a chance to enjoy the sundeck and the surrounding Newport Beach. I hope you'll come back and stay with us again sometime in the future! We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 26, 2018

Although I didn´t manage to see a lot of the area, I found it very nice and the beach is almost in sight of the hotel.
The staff is very friendly and helpful. I had trouble with my GPS in the car, and they went very far in trying to solve the problem for me. Thank you for that.
The rooms are very nice and clean and the atmosphere like a beach house. There are all kinds of water sport materials for free use, and you can even bring the towels to the beach. There is a sun deck, which I presume would feature a very nice sunset/down, but I didn´t manage to see it during my stay because of work.
Breakfast is good for American hotel with a variety of fresh goods, bread, cereals and stuff. The dining room is small and cosy and it encourages you to chat with the other guests, which I find nice.
Parking is free and just in front of the hotel
If I ever come back to new port beach, I would definitely come back to this hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Britta,

I'm so happy to hear that the staff at my hotel went the extra mile for you. I really see that time and time again with them and it makes the most difference in people's stay. I am so happy that they helped you with your GPS and took the time to welcome you to Newport Beach. I hope you'll come back again (for work, or for pleasure) and if you do we would look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed November 18, 2018

This is one of the small best independent hotels I've found in my 36 years in California. The facilities are all there-- buffet breakfast, coffee in room, all bath lotions, fee parking, free WiFi, free afternoon cookies in the lounge, and wonderful views of the harbour. Add to that a VERY friendly staff, all eager to help. They deserve to be #1 in Newport Beach, and in my view #1 getaway beach hotel in Southern California. Love the surfer wallpaper in the bath!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thomas,

What a great review! Thank you for staying with us and commenting on all of the things you enjoyed during your stay at Bay Shores. The surfer/vintage vibe is part of the charm of the place, isn't it? I'm happy to hear that my staff was kind and welcoming and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed November 18, 2018

The staff was extremely helpful of all of our needs. I liked he roof top area. The rooms were well furnished and quiet. The hotel was within walking distance to the beach as well as the back bay. The staff went out of their way to assist you.

Room tip: Great views. Outstanding free continental breakfast. Close to many attractions and shopping along with great eating establishments.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Ralph,
Thank you for taking the time to leave such kind words about my hotel. It sounds like my staff went out of their way to make you feel at home during your time with us. That's all I can ever hope for. I hope you'll chose to stay with us again in the future. We'd love to welcome you back.