All reviews rooftop deck beach equipment boogie boards fresh baked cookies afternoon cookies across the street small hotel free beach within walking distance hard boiled eggs continental breakfast yogurt chain hotel little extras bars and restaurants sand toys short walk to the beach
Reviewed November 3, 2018

Besides the perfect location in Newport Beach, what you'll also notice most is the awesome service from the very friendly and helpful staff. We stayed in the Bay Suite which was fantastic for the 3 of us on our weekend getaway. This isn't the Ritz, but very clean and comfortable with complimentary amenities like fresh baked cookies in the afternoon, breakfast in the morning, and everything you need for a day at the beach (towels, chairs, umbrellas, and boogie boards.) Walk a block to the beach, and just a couple more to the pier, shops, great restaurants, and bike rentals (we rode bikes to Balboa and took the ferry to Balboa Island---so fun!) I can't recommend Bay Shores highly enough!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank karenidema
Fred-BSPH1, Owner at Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2018

Karen,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a great review! Sorry I'm just now getting back to you. I'm glad you had such a great stay. It sounds like you got to explore all around Balboa Island and the beach! I'm glad you appreciated our quaint hotel and relaxed vintage vibes. We'd love to have you back to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed October 27, 2018

This was a great place to stay right across the street from Newport Beach. Walkable from hotel. Staff and amenities are excellent. I had the suite with a couple of friends. We really enjoyed it, although didn't user the kitchen. If I book the suite again I would definitely plan to cook. Have planned to go again next week, but a regular room, not a suite!

Patricia,
I'm just now seeing this review. You may have already stayed with us again, but I wanted to make sure I said thank you for leaving us such a great review!

Reviewed October 23, 2018

This is exactly what an older hotel should be - clean, refurbished, charming, and comfortable! Staff Ralph and Donna welcomed us like we were family, and made sure we knew where to find the beach stuff (towels, chairs, toys, ice) available for guests to use. The rooftop lounge is great! Tables, chairs, loungers, and unbeatable view. Ralph made sure that we knew we were welcome to take a bottle of wine up to enjoy the sunset and that our friends (residents we were there to visit) were welcome, too. We were also welcome to use the dining room when we ordered our pizza. Our friends will have their visiting family stay there. Location is terrific - one block from beautiful beach, with restaurants, park, and shopping nearby. Post-stay follow up was in the form of an email from the owner and a postcard from Donna.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

J Summer W,

It sounds like you got great follow-up about your stay already but I wanted to personally say thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review.

I am so happy that you were welcomed to use the dining room and the sundeck for your pizza and entertaining! That's what vacations are all about! We appreciate that you encouraged your friends to stay at Bay Shores and we hope that you'll come back and stay with us again in the future as well.

Reviewed October 18, 2018

Perfect spot with access to the bay and ocean. Walking distance to many restaurants. Staff was very friendly. Rooms were small but very clean and comfortable. Great breakfast. Don't miss the rooftop deck for incredible views of the water and sunset.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Josh,

The rooftop deck is what it's all about, isn't it? Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us some kind words and for giving us a great rating and review. We really hope you'll come back and stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed October 16, 2018

Our visit to Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel was memorable and fun. The staff was incredibly attentive, and it felt more like a bed and breakfast because we were treated so well. We will definitely return again!

Room tip: Incredible views, you won't regret staying here.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Michael,

I'm sorry your review somehow slipped through and I didn't get a chance to say thank you so much for the 5/5 and for the great, short, perfect review of what we're all about at Bay Shores. We love to make you feel at home away from home and we would look forward to welcoming you back in the future.