“Great Mom&Pop feel, service and location”

Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Newport Beach
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We just stayed 2 nights in a room with 2 queen beds. Room was spacious and clean. Loved the mom and pop feel. Staff was warm and welcoming. The complementary continental breakfast was a great value, plenty to choose from to start your day. Loved the complementary fruit and water bottles in room. Our room also had a refrigerator which was great. They offer free beach items to use, towels, chairs, etc. as well as free parking. The location is perfect which makes this an expensive hotel but I feel they go to great lengths to offer as much value as they can with the complementary items mentioned. We would stay there again and look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank MissBunny_13
Fred-BSPH1, Owner at Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Thank you for the review; I am so glad that we were able to make you feel so welcomed! Small, friendly and with a vintage vibe, it's our pleasure to provide those little extras that make your stay as restful and fun as possible. So glad you're looking forward to your next visit - we are too!

There are newer reviews for Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Just wanted to say thanks for the warm welcome and such a great relaxed atmosphere that made my business trip so enjoyable.
After flying in from London and drive from LAX, the Bay Shores was the perfect place to unwind and chill. And what a location!!!!!
I made the trip back and forth from the NAMM show at Anaheim every day during my stay and the 40minute drive was well worth it after a day of loud guitars. The hotel and beach gave me the down time I needed to recover my senses.
Many thanks to the team for making me feel at home and I will not hesitate to return on my next visit to LA.........
YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Roy C
Fred-BSPH1, Owner at Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Thank you so much for the great review and so pleased that we could provide some daily respite for your ears! One of my staff members was particularly envious that you were at NAMM - if you made it to the Bonham concert too, then that would just put her over the edge! Thank you again for the great review and btw, Pompey rocks too!

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Really lovely hotel, a stones throw from the beach. A very homely, cosy, quality hotel with a lovely laid back atmosphere. We were a party of 6 .. Irish and Aussie ... Our bedrooms were really comfortable with lovely fluffy towels, Crabtree and Evelyn toiletries, and flat screen tv. Breakfast was an informal buffet style arrangement which suited us really well. Nice rooftop sun deck with good views. We borrowed the hotel beach chairs and umbrella for a trip to the beach. Last but not least, the staff ... They were great and extremely helpful and friendly, so thanks to Warren, Ralph, Bruce and all the team.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank MGRyan
Fred-BSPH1, Owner at Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Thank you for the compliments on our hospitality - high praise indeed from two countries (Ireland and Australia) famed for their friendly and open natures! So glad you could come and stay with us and enjoy our amenities; I hope your party gets together again and that you come and enjoy Newport Beach again at Bay Shores!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

This hotel is an incredible find only one block from the Newport Beach boardwalk and the sand. My wife accompanied me on a business trip so we decided to stay at the beach. The Bay Shores Peninsula is a wonderful family-owned beach hotel. Warren, Ralph and team are awesome and will do anything they can to make your stay enjoyable. I went to work during the day and my wife was all over Newport Beach. I can't say enough good things about this hotel...and I've stayed at the Ritz Dana Point, Fairmont and other high end hotels. Its great to see people like Warren operating a wonderful little hotel on Newport Beach. My wife and I will definitely come back to this hotel. P.S. homemade cookies at 3:00 everyday are awesome.

Room Tip: The rooms along Balboa Ave are a little noisy but nothing super loud. We had room 302 and we would...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank John L

I am so thrilled you both had a great time. When I was traveling a lot for business, I loved it when my wife could come along and we could make a mini-break out of what might have been a lonely and tedious road trip. Thanks for mentioning the location and how convenient we are for the beach and for giving the staff a special shout out; I'll be sure to pass your compliments on. Again thanks, and see you again soon.

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Comfortable and the great ambiance of traditional California beach town. Great surfing art and wooden models of old Woodies with surf boards on top array the small lobby. Not big or luxurious but customer service is fantastic.. Staff are friendly, helpful and well informed. I much prefer this to a sterile chain hotel. Close to everything in Newport Beach. A great get away.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jjonesschenk
Fred-BSPH1, Owner at Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Thank you, you captured our vibe perfectly! So glad you had a great stay and that we were able to provide 'vintage' service. John Severson is the creative force behind the room art; just check our website for more info on this very talented painter. Again, thanks for the review and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed 6 nights at this fantastic hotel filled with tons of extra special touches-from the friendly and informative staff to the daily warm cookies, the nice touch of turn down service with delicious chocolates, morning breakfast, quality Evelyn and Crabtree toiletries, clean room with comfortable bedding, nice thick towels, large flat screen TV mounted on the wall, granite counter tops in the kitchen and tiled entryway. This small hotel was in a terrific location within walking distance to delicious restaurants, only a block from the ocean on one side and bay on the other. Knowledgeable and friendly staff with great recommendations on things to do and places to eat. If you forgot something, they will provide it. They have a nice open air roof top patio with comfortable seating-perfect for enjoying the spectacular sunsets of Newport Beach and sail boats of the Bay. Loved this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank FLVisitors

Thank you for coming to stay with us and for taking the time to write a review. We take a lot of pride in seeking out little luxuries for our guests and so I'm so pleased you noticed all our efforts from the soap to the cookies! I'll be passing on your compliments to all the staff; again thanks for the review.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights between Jan 2-4 to attend a nearby wedding. From check in to check out, the staff was great and so accommodating even if we weren't in the room too much. We appreciated the fresh afternoon cookies, being able to borrow things to take to the beach, and letting our friends use some of the hotel's amenities too. The staff are long time employees who really seem to know the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KaYunC

Thank you for staying with us during your celebrations; our congratulations to the happy couple! I appreciate you mentioning tour experienced and knowledgeable staff; many of our employees have been with the hotel for over ten years and some in fact, over twenty! I hope when you come to stay again, you'll have more time to enjoy our other amenities until then, thanks again for the review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newport Beach
Island Hotel Newport Beach
Island Hotel Newport Beach
#2 of 18 in Newport Beach
Hyatt Regency Newport Beach
Hyatt Regency Newport Beach
#7 of 18 in Newport Beach
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach R...
#1 of 21 in Huntington Beach
Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa
Newport Beach Hotel
Newport Beach Hotel
#9 of 18 in Newport Beach
Holiday Inn Express Newport Beach

Been to Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel? Share your experiences!