“Tripadvisor hits a home run!”

Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Newport Beach
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We stayed for 6 nights at the end of May. Our family of six stayed in the two bedroom suite up on the third floor. Bottom line: This was one of the best hotel experiences we have had, and we have traveled extensively staying mostly at 4-5 star resorts. Was this hotel directly on the beach? No. Did this hotel have a pool or hot tub? No. Room service? Nope. So why would I rate this as one of the best hotel experiences we have had?

Service.

Plain and Simple.

Warren, Lisa and all of the staff at this hotel consistently went the extra mile to ensure our comfort in every way possible. For example, Warren cheerfully came up to our suite at least 3-4 times to help us with one of the TV's. Keep this in mind- the elevator was out of service so he was climbing stairs over and over again. He called Time/Warner and got the issue resolved expediently. Speaking of the elevator being out of service. This was a planned and temporary renovation. We received an email in advance of our trip letting us know that this was happening, and we were offered the option to move to a first floor unit, if the stairs were going to be a problem for us. Again, this is an example of excellent and courteous service.

We will definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rbdjr
Fred-BSPH1, Owner at Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thank you so much for highlighting what the hotel has, what is does not and what we do the very best, provide "excellent and courteous service". I am so glad that your family had a wonderful vacation and we all very much look forward to your return!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary/mothers day weekend here at the Bay Shores and right from the moment we arrived the folks there made us feel welcome. Our room was a decent size and very comfortable. They have beach equipment you can use on the beach and a movie library for your viewing entertainment. Every afternoon Warren the front desk man would make warm cookies. The breakfast selection was very good and this to was included in our stay. The hotel is a very short walk or bike ride to either the beach or the bay. We brought our bikes and were able to lock them up to a poll in the parking lot. Parking is tight but there is a metered lot across the street for any over flow and the hotel will keep the meter fed if you should have to use it. We never did. There is also a very cool patio area on the roof with a view of the bay or the beach. I think the best part of the whole stay was how friendly and helpful the whole staff is. We had the best time ever and are looking forward to coming back to Newport Beach and this hotel again!

Room Tip: Just go here you won't be dissapointed.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Snowbear007
Fred-BSPH1, Owner at Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

If it's not to late, "Happy Mothers Day" and "Happy Anniversary"! Thank you for choosing to spend these special days with us; I'm so pleased that you had a great vacation. Thank you for taking the time to write such an expansive review alerting others to all the amenities you got to enjoy. I hope we see you again soon!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night. We were greeted by a very friendly and helpful staff member that checked us into our room early, which was great. The hotel is conveniently located within walking distance from the beach (2 minutes) and the peer.

The room was nicely sized, very clean and included all the amenities you would expect. I also received a personalized greeting card on my pillow.

The rate includes free wireless internet and continental breakfast. Coffee is available all day and cookies are provided at 3:00PM everyday (these were delicious!). Secure parking is also provided.

When I arrived home after my vacation, I received a personalized post card from the hotel, thanking me for my stay. This was a nice conclusion to my vacation.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SATraveller25
Fred-BSPH1, Owner at Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Happy that we could accommodate your early check in and that you noticed and enjoyed our extra touches. Providing the cookies bring us a lot of pleasure so I'm glad that you were able to enjoy them. So pleased that you had a lovely vacation and a safe return home.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We took a chance and it paid off royally. From the greeting at the front desk to the roof-top viewing and all in-between this is one great, quaint, small hotel. We found ourselves within an easy walk not just of the beach and pier...where we watched whales and dolphins...but to a score of excellent restaurants too.
Anything you need to rent is available. Great location, but they do not rest on that factor. They maintain the place with pride and the staff is extremely helpful and attentive. A little better breakfast selection would be nice, but it is ok. The only thing we found weird was that the pillows on the bed appeared to be sized for toddlers. We will return...though we will bring pillows from home. This is about a 6.5 hour drive for us, so we will be back soon.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MarcusCaveCreek

Thank you for taking a chance on us! I'm glad that you found the staff responsive to your needs and that you loved our location. I'll be checking into your pillow observation to see if our kids pillows have migrated into that room - thank you for bringing it to my attention. Being only 6.5 hours away, we're practically neighbors! Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed here 2 nights in March based on Trip Advisor reviews. it was a great stay for us. First thing that happened was that I showed up with an extra person as my daughter decided to join us at the last minute. Adjustments were made with no problem.
Hotel is in a great location. I woke up early as usual and took my iPad and a provided beach chair down to the beach with a cup of excellent coffee from the breakfast room. When my wife and daughter woke up, we gathered breakfast and headed for the roof with a great view. Bike rental place just a block away and numerous restaurants within walking distance. Didn't use the car till we left. Very clean and nice. Hope I can get back here someday.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

The beach and a great cup of coffee is how I like to start my day too! Glad we could adjust to your extra guest needs and that you all enjoyed the rooftop. I hope you can come back one day too; thank you for the great review.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Booked this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews for a one night stay while in Newport Beach on business. Like all the other reviews would have liked to spend several nights at this lovely hotel. The staff were warm and friendly, loved all the little extras, and being so close to the beach at this price was unbelievable for this area!! Definitely lived up to my high expectations and can't wait to come back! Thanks Bridget for the postcard - I definitely enjoyed my stay and it was a pleasure meeting you at check-in as well as your colleagues!

Room Tip: The corner room on the third floor had great views of the ocean and the harbor!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank GirlOnTheGo52
Fred-BSPH1, Owner at Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

We wish we could have hosted you longer too! Perhaps next time you'll be here for vacation and we'll be able to share more of our lovely area and more of the hotels amenities. Great tip about the 3rd floor corner room - one of my favorites too! Glad I could provide you with great value for your business budget; travel safely while you're out there on the road.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

The Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel is a great find. We were celebrating our 33rd anniversary on our way to visit family. The room was clean and comfortable, cookies were yummy, and turndown with chocolates a treat so rarely offered any more. Being able to walk to the beach in the morning was a highlight also. Breakfast was varied and we hated to leave! We checked out a movie, but were too busy enjoying Newport to watch it, but they have quite a selection along with beach equipment if needed. The desk clerk gave us a great recommendation for dinner also. Will definitely come again if in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

We always feel special when people choose to spend their special moments with us, so on behalf of everyone at Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel - Happy Anniversary! Thank you for the lovely review; we look forward to your return.