All reviews parking charge free breakfast is breakfast room great room comfortable beds one night toilet rates starbucks newport
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I really wanted to like this hotel, and there were some positives, but they were outweighed by the negatives. The biggest problem was the smell of the rooms. The first room we were given had quite a strong, funky odor that was nauseating after awhile. I had to ask about a new room. The staff were very accommodating and offered a different room. Great! Unfortunately, this room only smelled a little bit better. Honestly I was relieved to leave because of this. On the bright side, the breakfast was appreciated, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Location was close to a lot of Newport Beach attractions. But the odor of not just one, but both rooms we were given, was enough to make me choose a different spot next time.

Stayed: October 2018, traveled with family
Lynsey M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Greetings Psleavitt,
Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Express Newport Beach. I would like to take this opportunity to restate our commitment to provide excellent service and accommodations to all of our guests. I deeply apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. I would like you to know that your opinion counts and proper steps are being taken to handle the issues you had. We work hard every day to maintain our standards through training and learning. Please accept my humble apologies, and please contact us directly and ask for the general manager or sales manager should you choose to stay with us again. Thank you again, and we hope to host you again.

Reviewed October 8, 2018

Nice and clean room ,very friendly employees. There are charging for parking even you are guest $15Bath room clean but there is some smell when we flushed. Nice area easy to find the hotel on the coast highways.

Room Tip: Nice and clean except bath room toilet having refluctuation of smell but if you have air freshener will be helpful.
Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple

Greetings Lardnah!
Thank you very much for your awesome review about your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Newport Beach. We are very glad to hear you enjoyed our clean rooms and great service from our team members. Our team is committed to making sure every guest has a memorable stay by ensuring everyone feels welcomed and comfortable as if they were right at home. Please feel free to come back anytime, and our team will welcome you with open arms!

Reviewed September 18, 2018

This hotel has a convenient location (walkable to several restaurants and a Starbucks). The pool area is clean and welcoming. The free breakfast was perfect and my son enjoyed the automatic pancake machine. The women running the breakfast were lovely and helpful and one of them went out of their way to get me a cup of ice since they didn’t have any in the breakfast room. Front desk clerks were pleasant and efficient.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lynsey M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2018

Greetings Jennifer J!
I cannot thank you enough for the wonderful things you have said about your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Newport Beach. Our team will be excited to hear that their efforts do not go unnoticed, they will appreciate the shout out. We are happy to know that out hotel was fit to your needs and the pancake was a big hit with your son. We hope the rest of your visit to Newport Beach was just as a big hit, and we hope you see you again on your next visit!

Reviewed September 18, 2018

my wife got sick from the breakfast.. had a terrible day while I was off on business and when I returned we checked out early and did not stay the second day. So when I checked out that evening I mentioned this information to the front desk person, she said she was sorry, nothing else was mentioned, she did not call for a manager to ask what the problem was so we left.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lynsey M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2018

Hello Dnashoasis,

Thank you for letting us know about your experience at our hotel. I deeply apologize for the issues you came across during your stay. It is our mission to ensure that every guest receives the upmost comfort in their accommodations during their stay, and I am sorry to hear about your experience. Please know that your opinion is important and management has taken the appropriate measures and proper investigation to make sure this does not happen to other guests. We work diligently to maintain high standards and take pride in our service. Thank you again for you candid review, it was a pleasure hosting you.

Reviewed September 17, 2018

We stayed here during a recent visit. I used to live in HB, and we didn’t want to run back to LA one night, so this place was quite nice. Good, small pool, with a jacuzzi. Rooms plenty big. Nice staff.

Room Tip: Nice breakfast area.
Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lynsey M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2018

Hello there CCapot!
Thank you for letting us know about your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Newport Beach. We really enjoy hearing from our guests as we work hard on a daily basis you make sure we are ready for you. We are happy to hear your pit stop in Newport Beach was better than you expected, and you were not too far off from your old stomping grounds! Thank you again for your kind words and please come back to visit again soon.