If you like the stench of fecal matter or sewage you will love this hotel. From the moment we entered the building the rank odor never dissipated. Our toilet was blocked on day-2. While it was resolved it did little to settle our suspicion that the hotel was in serious need of plumbing repairs. Complaints to the front desk three days in a row, as well as by on-line communication to Holiday Inn International, and a post-travel survey by the hotel itself were met with silence. This shouts to this traveler, "We don't care!" Other guests complained to the front dest too. Complaints were met with "excuses" (i.e. "the smell is coming from dirt under the elevator") but we NEVER saw anybody working to remedy the problem. We slept with the air on full blast and our window wide open. With the window and air on while we slept cold it was the only way we could stay there and with two kids we didn't want to move. This hotel is definitely not worth $200.00/night. Rather the Hyatt, Radisson or Marriott, which are a bit further from the beach provide better care for their patrons.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Distinctively different, the Holiday Inn Express Newport Beach hotel is located across from Newport Beach Harbor, on exciting Mariner's Mile, a short drive to John Wayne Airport and walking distance to a wide variety of restaurants and entertainment. Come stay with us when you are attending some of Orange County's best events. Just minutes away from the OC Fair, Toshiba Senior Classic, Pageant of the Masters, Newport Harbor Christmas Boat Parade, Newport Beach Film Festival, Newport Boat Show, and the Taste of Newport Our professional staff is courteous, friendly, attentive and committed to making your stay fun, and memorable with first-class quality accommodations and legendary service to exceed your expectations. The Holiday Inn Express Newport Beach is also located near many top Orange County attractions such as Newport Beach Pier, Fashion Island, Balboa Island, South Coast Plaza, Disneyland, and the Orange County Fairgrounds. Newport Beach is also situated between two other exciting beach cities Laguna Beach and Huntington Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Newport Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Newport Beach Hotel Newport Beach
- Holiday Inn Newport Beach
- Newport Beach Holiday Inn