“First time diner, but certainly not the last, for sure”

Flying Fish Restaurant
Ranked #126 of 511 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Last night Flying Fish was recommended to us by a long time resident of Newport Beach. Why not, we said. Now our question is Why havent' we been here before? This eatery on the beach on Balboa Peninsula was great. It's a fairly small place with lots of energy and fabulous food! Hubby had the fish and chips and deemed the dish the best he's ever had. I had crab knuckles and loved them. Can't imagine how we've missed this little gem, but this may be our go-to place for great seafood from now on.

There are newer reviews for Flying Fish Restaurant

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Nice location close to the ocean near the Newport Pier and it has parking. The service was good but overly "bubbly". The waitress took our order and I ordered crab cocktail and my wife ordered Mahi Mahi. The waitress brought me shrimp cocktail, but when the crab cocktail arrived it was very good. My wife's Mahi Mahi was the smallest portion of fish I have ever seen and was tough and dry. She had ordered vegetables as the side,, and she ordered these without oil or butter. The vegetables came sautéed and terrible.

1  Thank Paul B