“Unbelievable!!”

Mastro's Ocean Club - Newport Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
Mastro's Ocean Club - Newport Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 513 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Reef Point
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My husband and I were taken there for dinner to celebrate my Mom and Dad's 51st anniversary, what a wonderful experience. We made a reservation and were seated about 5 minutes after we got there. We went to the bar, it was very busy but we were able to grab a couple bar stools. The bartender was cute and very friendly. The restaurant decor is beautiful and the bar is very cool too. We were seated in the dining room and had great service. My Mom and Dad have been there a few times and made me promise to order the Crab Cocktail....OH MY GOD! It was by far the best thing I've ever had. It is the FRESHEST, whitest, cleanest crab AND you get a huge order. The pieces are like medallions... I have no idea how they get it so clean and perfect with breaking any of up...just amazing. I had the special which was Halibut and it was also very very good but after that crab, nothing will ever measure up. We all had entrees and of course they were all great, no one had one, even slightly bad thing to say about any of the food. As a side we ordered the Lobster mashed potatoes, they were amazing too and the bread basket they bring was really good! We were stuffed but you can't go to this place without ordering their signature dessert, Warm Butter Cake so, we ordered just one for the table....there are no words to describe this dessert so I'm not going to even try, just make sure you have it when you go! I live in Las Vegas and have lived in DC and have been to quite a few "fine dinning' establishments but this is by far, the absolute BEST....the whole experience was so great, we are going to the one in Las Vegas for our own upcoming anniversary.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

My wife and I happened to locate the Mastro's along the PCH on a busy Friday night and although the wait for a table was 3+ hours we happened to find to sesta at the bar. We spent the evening drinking, eating and looking at the crowd. We started with cocktails and ordered a seafood platter which inlcuded shrimp, crab, lobster, etc, which was amazing. Then we split a wedge salad, Kansas city bone-in steak, and sugar snap peas. The waiter/bartender Patrick was friendly and fun. The food was absolutely phenomenal. We completeed the evening with their signature Butter Cake (to die for!). Dont want to know how many calories I put on but it was sure good. The live music was excellent and had the good fortune of catching my home sports team (Go Tigers!) on the television. The crowd and scene are eye candy! Simply the best! Wish there was a Mastro's in Michigan - then again its veen more special when I have to travel to experience it!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were there with a large group (about 40). Everything was nice except that my steak was not great. The guy next to me ordered his MW and it came out bloody rare. When he got it back it was burnt!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Has a great meal at Maestros. Booked 24 hrs prior and requested a sea view table. Sure enough we were given a great table overlooking the sea. Food was beautiful and service superb. Would thoroughly recommend for families. Only thing is be prepared for hefty bill when it arrives - this place is not cheap !

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Four of us went to dinner last night, service and food was excellent, Andrew our waiter gave us excellent service, the only down side was I had requested outdoor seating days ahead and they said they could not guarantee it but could guarantee seating near the tree.

So I confirmed the table near the 'tree' on the afternoon of our visit but when we got there to the host desk it was suddenly no longer available.

What I did notice after we were seated was that the people seated in the section we requested which was near the 'tree' were all white and the section we were in were all non whites.

This is a racist organization run by a racist family which means segregation is alive and well in USA. If you are white you will get exceptional treatment if you are non white steer clear of this place.

To top it all off a friend of mine who is white and who had given them a 1 star rating on yelp was contacted by management for a revisit, whereas I had also commented negatively on yelp did not get contacted.

3  Thank sean b