“My favorite place!!”

Mastro's Ocean Club - Newport Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
Mastro's Ocean Club - Newport Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 512 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Reef Point
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Whenever I have a special occasion my automatic place to go is Mastro's. I am never disappointed by the food or service. The view is amazing and so is their food.

Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Got in a bit earlier than planned and beat the rush. Great and attentive service. Great food and atmosphere. Well worth the money.

1  Thank wph01
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This was one of those dining experiences which surpassed our expectations! We chose to spend my husband's birthday dinner here because the menu looked good online and the photos of the restaurant led us to believe that the ambience would be right for a romantic birthday dinner. We were not disappointed! Valet parking always sets the tone. Our table was inside, but there is a giant, open-air atrium in the center of the restaurant with a tree growing through the roof. Very dramatic. As for the food, the crab cakes are divine. A little spicy and with avocado on the side - totally CA style! Delicious Caesar salad which you can order either regular or with a spicy kick. My husband loved his steak and I had crab legs which they serve already cut, so you all you have to do is pull the meat out with your fork and enjoy! We couldn't decide on desserts so we got two - the pecan pie had almost a caramel-like filling and delicious crust and the chocolate cake was divine. Oh, the night we went, they also had live music. It totally set the tone for a romantic birthday dinner - which was just what we were hoping for! And the next day, they called to thank us for dining there. That was an over-the-top finishing touch to the entire experience. Thanks Mastro's! :)

1  Thank mrsjar97
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We dined at Mastros with a beautiful ocean view, with great wine and service. We are on a no-carb diet, so we missed the lobster mac and cheese that looked delicious. Our choice was an amazing salmon and tuna steak and a delicious beefsteak tomato salad, everything tasted great!
Dessert will have to wait for our next visit.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We celebrated our wedding anniversary here. Our server, Adrienne, was great...friendly but not intrusive, explained the menu thoroughly and answered all questions. It's fun to see food and drinks delivered to nearby tables...very interesting presentation! Our food was excellent. My husband's rib eye was tender and flavorful, and my halibut was very good. The food was not covered in sauces. The vegetables were fresh and perfectly steamed. The scalloped potatoes were decadent and delicious. Because it was our anniversary, the restuarant provided a signature butter cake for dessert...oh, my. It was worth every calorie. Our meal was pricey, but it was delicious, we had leftovers to take to work the next day, and the service was outstanding. It was a lovely place to celebrate our special occasion!

1  Thank Sheri V