“Beautiful decor”

Fig & Olive Newport Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
Fig & Olive Newport Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 513 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: French, Italian, Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2014

An open and airy decor with high ceilings to deflect the noise. Excellent service and a very eclectic menu. The olive oil tastings as a starter were a nice touch. Our entrees were fresh and prepared to our liking.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

From the moment we walked in we loved everything about this restaurant. Great bar, menu, ordered the cucumber cocktail it was surprisingly very good. We dined on the patio, nice evening with husband and friends. Our food was delicious. However, I will say our waiter was challenged although he tried it was obvious we were just another table and he was in robot mode. We think the chef and waiters need to put more effort in the overall dining delivery so that it does not feel like another chain restaurant. Will return soon.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

We only stopped in for a quick lunch but will definitely go back. We have been R + D Kitchen aficionados for about 5 years but this is now the place to eat at Fashion Island-

Yellow tail carpaccio with truffle fries and a cucumber cocktail were simple and delicious.

Salade de poulet was fresh and tasty.

Great service.

The space is open and airy and a real pleasure to be in. A really fabulous indoor/outdoor space.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Shockingly enough in Fashion Island, this is a nice restaurant. Unlike other restaurants around however, Fig & Olive feels more like it's from LA or NY in terms of ambiance and style of food. It's a refreshing change from the overabundance of chain restaurants in OC.

The atmosphere is fantastic and unique (especially the patio) but it can get fairly noisy when crowded, which is most every dinner service. The service has been impeccable every time I have been and the food has been mostly great.

Almost all of the appetizers and entrees I have tried have been very good to great, but a few have been slightly bland if still well cooked (The Filet jumps to mind). Cooking only with olive oil and no butter can be challenging and the sole use of olive oil is apparent in a few dishes by the lack of flavor. The deserts are far less successful unfortunately. I have tried most of them and while they are all passable, none are worth the calories nor the price.

Overall Fig & Olive is a great new place in OC that succeeds on most fronts. I highly recommend giving it a try, and possibly do lunch to avoid the crowds and the noise.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Let me start by saying that I really like this restaurant. I had eaten at the one in NY a year ago - this is similar in terms of offering lots of small plates (which is great) and so I was eager to try it out. I've been there multiple times - the breadth of choices seems wider than what I remember in NY. The food is innovative and very tasty - particularly the crostini. The ambience is also really nice. Big open, bright dining rooms with a Mediterranean like flavor.
But - if you decide to try it - just be aware of two things: (1) the service is uneven, particularly when there's a crowd (e.g. on a holiday). On Mother's Day, dinner took us almost three hours. the group next to us got so frustrated that they left. (2) the food (and particularly the wine - a glass of Chardonnay is $18) is pretty pricey.