“Breakfast & Awesome cocktails too!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cappy's Cafe
Ranked #31 of 501 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Cappy's Cafe has been a Newport Beach tradition since 1958 and is a strong favorite of locals, tourists and the famous - athletes, music and movie stars. Cappy's is open 365 days a year for breakfast and lunch as well as Wednesday evenings for dinner. Cappy's is known for serving huge portions of great food at very fair prices, all driven by truly great customer service! Join us for some great food and hospitality. We'd love to see you! The Cappy's Team
Mill Valley, California
“Breakfast & Awesome cocktails too!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Cappy's was right near our hotel, and from the minute we walked in we could feel the good vibes! It is a happening place from 6-3pm weekday, 6-4pm Sat & Sun. Great Bloody Mary's and really good breakfasts and lunches. We liked it so much we ate there all 3 days we were in the area. I ate 2 breakfasts (loved the bacon!) and one lunch. There were so many good sounding things on the menu, I could eat there again and again. I can understand why it's packed every morning! Cappy's has good food--for surfers, families, couples, everyone!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Davi13

Nashville, Tennessee
“Nice Breakfast Near The Beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

I grew up not too far from Cappy's. I have driven by it countless times in my life, always noticed the long lines on the weekends, but hadn't stepped into the place until a recent trip home to visit family. I had no idea what I was missing out on! We went for breakfast and I was very pleased with my meal. The staff was extremely friendly, the service was speedy and the menu has many choices, way more than the average restaurant. I look forward to dining at Cappy's the next time I am in Newport.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Cara U
Costa Mesa, CA
“I'm always happy at Cappy's!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Cappy's Cafe is a Newport Beach institution! Ignore any negative reviews because I guarantee this place ROCKS! My family and I have breakfast or brunch here at least 2-3 times a month and have never been disappointed! They are only open for breakfast and lunch (serve until 3:00pm) and are really good at both! Cappy's menu is extensive with everything from an awesome breakfast burrito to some of the best waffles, omelets and eggs benedict I have had anywhere! The atmosphere is "beachy" and family friendly with beautiful seascape murals on the walls, classic rock music and enthusiastic, attentive waitresses. The energy here is upbeat, the food is great and the prices reasonable for the huge portions you get! Bring your appetite because you will not leave hungry! They also have a full bar and serve a really good Bloody Mary! There are a few tables outside for patio dining. Where else can you find a classic Monte Cristo sandwich these days? Just a touch of nostalgia here and overall a great place to eat! LOVE IT! * * * * * 5 stars! : )

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank MiasCoolMama
Victoria
“Just average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

I have wanted to come here for a long time,so my wife and I decided to go our last time down in Newport Beach.Well i don't know if was just our anticipation of a great breakfast and it not turning out that way,or what it was?I just found the breakfast to be just ok,nothing special.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank broadstreetbully
Los Alamitos, California
“This Restaurant is a Must!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

Everyone would say to me "you haven't been to Cappy's Café?" I would always notice how busy the restaurant looked as I drove by through the years. So, my girlfriend and I went for breakfast before our hike. My breakfast was the best I have ever had. Anything you could possibly want is on their huge menu and the friendly service is fantastic. What are you wanting for?

• Visited May 2013