“I'm always happy at Cappy's!”
Review of Cappy's Cafe

Cappy's Cafe
Ranked #33 of 503 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Cappy's Cafe has been a Newport Beach tradition since 1957 and is a strong favorite of locals, tourists and the famous - athletes, music and movie stars. Cappy's is open 365 days a year for breakfast and lunch as well as Wednesday evenings for dinner. Cappy's is known for serving huge portions of great food at fair prices, all driven by truly great customer service! Join us for some great food and hospitality. We'd love to see you! The Cappy's Team
Costa Mesa, CA
“I'm always happy at Cappy's!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Cappy's Cafe is a Newport Beach institution! Ignore any negative reviews because I guarantee this place ROCKS! My family and I have breakfast or brunch here at least 2-3 times a month and have never been disappointed! They are only open for breakfast and lunch (serve until 3:00pm) and are really good at both! Cappy's menu is extensive with everything from an awesome breakfast burrito to some of the best waffles, omelets and eggs benedict I have had anywhere! The atmosphere is "beachy" and family friendly with beautiful seascape murals on the walls, classic rock music and enthusiastic, attentive waitresses. The energy here is upbeat, the food is great and the prices reasonable for the huge portions you get! Bring your appetite because you will not leave hungry! They also have a full bar and serve a really good Bloody Mary! There are a few tables outside for patio dining. Where else can you find a classic Monte Cristo sandwich these days? Just a touch of nostalgia here and overall a great place to eat! LOVE IT! * * * * * 5 stars! : )

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank MiasCoolMama

Victoria
“Just average”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I have wanted to come here for a long time,so my wife and I decided to go our last time down in Newport Beach.Well i don't know if was just our anticipation of a great breakfast and it not turning out that way,or what it was?I just found the breakfast to be just ok,nothing special.

1 Thank broadstreetbully
Los Alamitos, California
“This Restaurant is a Must!!”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Everyone would say to me "you haven't been to Cappy's Café?" I would always notice how busy the restaurant looked as I drove by through the years. So, my girlfriend and I went for breakfast before our hike. My breakfast was the best I have ever had. Anything you could possibly want is on their huge menu and the friendly service is fantastic. What are you wanting for?

1 Thank bonbuild
“An ABSOLULTE MUST for breakfast”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Locals love this place but if you're a tourist DON'T miss it. Right on Pacific Coast Highway in Newport extra parking next door in back. You'll have a wait on Sat. and Sun. morning but weekdays you'll get right in. Warning: SPLIT the breakfast. Yesterday we had the ham steak and eggs and it must have been 2lbs. of ham. All kinds of omelettes and they're terrific too. Their bloody mary's are small but good. The owner runs a tight ship and service is fantastic. Can't say enough about this local treasure. They also have an outside patio.

1 Thank Joette1
Fountain Valley, California
“Great breakfast spot!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

We have breakfast here often. The food is consistently good and the meal is delivered as ordered (I don't like onions!). The waitresses are cheerful and efficient.

2 Thank Sheri V