“Great breakfast spot!”
Review of Cappy's Cafe

Cappy's Cafe
Ranked #35 of 520 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Cappy's Cafe has been a Newport Beach tradition since 1957 and is a strong favorite of locals, tourists and the famous - athletes, music and movie stars. Cappy's is open 365 days a year for breakfast and lunch as well as Wednesday evenings for dinner. Cappy's is known for serving huge portions of great food at fair prices, all driven by truly great customer service! Join us for some great food and hospitality. We'd love to see you! The Cappy's Team
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

We have breakfast here often. The food is consistently good and the meal is delivered as ordered (I don't like onions!). The waitresses are cheerful and efficient.

2  Thank Sheri V

Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here for breakfast on a whim and was pleased we did. Food isn't gourmet, but good with huge portions. Murals inside are fun and lend to a quirky atmosphere. I was most impressed by the service -- young ladies with lots of energy checking in and refilling glasses regularly.

1  Thank Heather_L901
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My grandson wants me to give this restaurant five stars...He loved the milk shakes and murals. He also thought the bacon was too thick. The strawberry smoothie was perfectly blended with washed strawberries. The steak and eggs special was a great deal at $13. The steak was moist and did not need any additional seasonings. The seasoned potatoes were also great...cooked just right. I would give the restaurant a five but they seated a family with kids near the bar. I felt like I was in a nightclub rather than a restaurant with all of the activity near our table. Service was also a little slow. The outdoor seating was limited but nice. You could still enjoy the beach sounds and views.

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We split a sausage, pepper etc omelette. With the portions they serve, you need to. Had to wait for food to cool off - whens the last time that happened? Fresh vegatables and fruits. Service was extraordinary.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I went to this restaurant for the first time on a Saturday-there was a line, but they use vibrating pagers and the tables turned very quickly so our wait was minimal and there are lots of benches outside. The service is excellent-my coffee never got below 1/2 full and we were attended to by more than one person. The staff has lots of smiles and the food was excellent. I had the pancake and egg combo and it was perfectly made. I also like the amount of seasonings, sauces and other condiments on each table. It's great to have a choice of hot sauce for my eggs!