“Been to several Tommy's restaurants, all good”

Tommy Bahama's Island Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Tommy Bahama's Island Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 519 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: MacArthur Blvd and Pacific Coast Highway
Transit: Easily accessed from Pacific Coast Highway at MacArthur
Description: Tommy Bahama Island Grille is conveniently located in Corona del Mar Plaza, minutes from Fashion Island, John Wayne Airport, and of course, the beach! The upscale alternative to our Laguna Beach location features a fresh seafood, seasonal produce, and innovative new dishes as the development kitchen for our other 14 locations.
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We took a table outside and then got too cool. They were very good about moving us to one inside. The crab cake (no peppers in it) was mainly a large pile of cooked crab meat, very tasty. We also had the swordfish and the Thai shrimp and scallops. On all the dishes the accompaniments were excellent. For dessert, we couldn't decide between two, pina colada cake and Key lime pie, so they brought us a half serving of each, which was very nice of them. Both were very good.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Went to Tommy Bahama's for my Nephews 21st Birthday lunch. Food was out standing, service was awful. When we finally did get bread there were only 4 rolls, at a table of 5. we had to ask three times to get more bread, and again they only brought 4 rolls. I was so irriatated by the time we left, I pulled waitress aside and told her when we left how upset I was and how rude it is to bring 4 rolls to a table of 5. all she said was we ran out of bread, again how is this our fault, and she never one mentioned it!

1  Thank Rex R
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Our family of 4 had dinner here, all of our meals were delicious. They were very gracious and accomodating of our food allergies: peanuts, tree nuts and sesame. The service was outstanding. Thank you to Abraham, who was a chef on his break outside, for answering our questions about the restaurant which made us decide to try it. I highly recommend Tommy Bahama's!!

Reviewed April 9, 2014

We hosted a ladies luncheon for about 10 women. It was a great way to start a festive weekend. Our table was secluded as we requested. I was surprised how tasty the food was given my only association with Tommy Bahama was clothes. Our waiter recommended the burger since it was a unique combination. I can't remember the exact combo, but it had avocado, pineapple, cheddar and prosciutto, I think. I would have never put that together, but it was delicious. Our server was very attentive, made great suggestions and made sure we got a great photo to remember our lunch. I would go back.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

We arrived on time for our reservation. The server seated us at a table right next to the kitchen/server station. My husband asked for another table. The hostess seemed put out and explained that there were none available. When my husband pointed out that there were empty tables we were told they were "reserved." Didn't we have a reservation, too? We waited 5 minutes before being seated at a nicer table. Service was slow. The table next to us was seated with a single gentleman (at a 4-top) and the staff were all over him. Food was okay, wine overpriced.