“Great Lunch”

Tommy Bahama's Island Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Tommy Bahama's Island Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 519 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: MacArthur Blvd and Pacific Coast Highway
Transit: Easily accessed from Pacific Coast Highway at MacArthur
Description: Tommy Bahama Island Grille is conveniently located in Corona del Mar Plaza, minutes from Fashion Island, John Wayne Airport, and of course, the beach! The upscale alternative to our Laguna Beach location features a fresh seafood, seasonal produce, and innovative new dishes as the development kitchen for our other 14 locations.
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I had the best coconut shrimp and after all these years they have the best in twon that I have eaten. It is always perfect and delicious. Never disappointed. My party had the Seared ahi sandwich which they said it was excellent. The sandwich came with shitake mushrooms and a aioli sauce which was very tasty and beautifully presented.
Atmosphere at lunch was great. Waiter was very quick and attentive to that we were happy and pleased. We were served quickly for lunch which is nice if you are in a hurry.
Love to have lunch here on a weekly basis.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We were a group of seven who asked for only two separate checks. Our waiter was too busy trying to impress us with his culinary knowledge to actually listen. He was overbearing and inserted his comments into our conversations, trying to be witty and entertaining. The food was fine but the experience tainted by our server.

1  Thank Charlotte P
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife and I joined a friend for dinner. It was pretty busy, mostly in the bar area. The service was unspectacular as was the food. My fillet was very good but my wife's fish was very dry. She was very disappointed as she expected better from them. When we left at 7:30 the place was almost deserted telling me that the serious dinner crowd goes elsewhere.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Although our reservation was honored with hardly any wait the food was just average and the service by some was mishandled. In the midst of a fairly nice shopping center in Newport Beach the restaurant does not stand out more than Peet's or Sprinkles or any other eatery. Inside it is well appointed but not elegant or quiet as it should be for these prices. I ordered a plain ice tea and specified nothing fruity. I received a mango tea. They replaced it for me. My friend ordered a Kettle One martini and a Stoli was brought. She recognized it immediately and they exchanged it. My crab cakes were very good but not extraordinary and so salty I found myself drinking all night. My husband's Wasju steak was described as far more rich than Kobe and tastier. He thought it was not nearly as good as the T Bone he had at Mastro's in Costa Mesa. One friend had fish and the other had a burger. Neither thought they were any ore than ordinary. We don't mind paying more for excellent food but prices are higher than they should be for such run of the mill fare. The service was good as far as politeness and efficiency but as mentioned before what arrived was not always what was ordered. There are too many fine restaurants within a ten mile area to bother with this one.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Nicely themed restaurant with good selection of menu items focusing on fish and seafood. Appetizers portions a little small for group sharing. Generally food was well prepared and presented. Kitchen seemed a little slow with long waits between courses. Parking is a real problem with this location.