“right place for a date”

Tommy Bahama's Island Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Tommy Bahama's Island Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 519 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: MacArthur Blvd and Pacific Coast Highway
Transit: Easily accessed from Pacific Coast Highway at MacArthur
Description: Tommy Bahama Island Grille is conveniently located in Corona del Mar Plaza, minutes from Fashion Island, John Wayne Airport, and of course, the beach! The upscale alternative to our Laguna Beach location features a fresh seafood, seasonal produce, and innovative new dishes as the development kitchen for our other 14 locations.
Reviewed October 22, 2012

high quality place.
the atmosphere is elegant.
recommended for romantic dinners.
of course you'll pay the "scene".
food is average for the area, so good.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

My wife and I had a nice dinner here over a long week-end. The service was good. When I called to enquire about a reservation, the person taking the reservations specifically asked if this was any sort of "special occasion" and answered some questions about the restaurant. We arrived a little early but were seated promptly. If the weather is nice I recommend an outside table. You will not have an ocean view, but you will get that ocean breeze and the outdoor seating area has a nice fountain. The menu offers good choices in value - some of the sandwiches are quite reasonably priced, but there are pricier options like seafood or steaks. The service is very good and I never felt like the staff was trying to "upsell" me to get me to spend more money. They have a nice beer and wine list. This restaurant is well located for someone who wants to take a drive down the coast after dinner. It was a nice evening so after finishing desert (Pina Colada cake) we drove down Pacific Coast HIghway a few miles. When the weather is nice this is a beautiful drive...as it was that night.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Food is delicious and very flavorful ! The grilled artichoke is So Good! The Steak Salad is my favorite, it is large enough to share as a meal.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Went to eat on a Saturday night. Was crowded but took me right in for the two of us. Food was very good. Small portions were served. There was entertainment playing inside, but not too loud. Overall would come back again.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I had originally wanted to go to Gulfstream for happy hour,(in the same plaza) but the place was jumping, so we strolled over to Tommy's, and soon discovered why it was so quiet for a Friday night! There are a lot of old people here and screaming kids, so it's not a place for a date for sure! The hostesses were totally uninterested in helping us, so we just waited for a table to open up on the patio. On the other hand, our waitress was really terrific and made sure we were able to get our food and drinks in before happy hour closed. I must admit I'm glad she did, because to pay full price for the food would have really made me mad! All in all, just an okay place to go.