“Who Told About C'est Si Bon?”
Review of C'est Si Bon

C'est Si Bon
Ranked #2 of 15 Bakeries in Newport Beach
Reviewed June 3, 2014

HEY, I just have one question? who gave away our Local Secret?! The “service” is definitely not slow, so please put something in the Tip jar because these kids work hard (can you feel the heat from those ovens?) And those loaves? They are going OUT, not in, out to all the restaurants you & I enjoy.
Why does it take so long to get your order? All the “To-Go” orders from the Offices in Newport Center, Hoag Hospital, people like me who know & love C’est Si Bon and wish we still had the CDM location. My husband & I really like chicken curry & chicken tarragon sandwiches on baguettes, but the turkey, ham, salami, cheese, and everything else including brie is exceptional.
But, you have really got to taste the desserts: get a slice of each. Chocolate Bombe, Cheesecake, I’m picturing the Dessert Case, even the mini-Chocolate Mousse, and the Lemon Squares, I could go on…
When we have an event in my ‘hood, I always get the slices & minis, plus extras, so maybe I can take some home. Somebody is hiding the leftovers, grrr. I would try to pretend “I made these”, alas, they are so delicious, and everyone knows where they came from.
So, if you are headed to the beach, back from the beach, WHERE EVER! Now that that the story is out you gotta stop in. They have the best coffee, pastries, sandwiches, desserts. But please, could you save some for me?
P.S. It’s on the way to the Duffy Boats, grin. Hey, FYI.

3  Thank bruin82

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I'm in a constant craving for baguettes with pâté and disappointed I haven't found a place where I can get true French baguettes & pâté. I knew I had to try this place out after finding it by chance on Tripadvisor.

This place does not disappoint. Just like most reviews, I love this place. Couldn't get enough of the baguettes and other pastries. Their pâté are so good and cheaper by the pound than what I can find, $12.99/lb vs. $14.99-$18.99/lb at Central Markets. Their sandwiches are wonderful. You can't go wrong with any of them.

I was there last Sunday and people lined up out the door the whole time I was there so prepare to wait to order and finding a place to sit and eat.

One thing I'm happy is that C'est Si Bon isn't anywhere near me, otherwise I'll be really fat from just eating my favorite foods (baguette & pâté.)

C'est Si Bon will be my must stop whenever I visit California.

3  Thank lricketson
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Excellent coffee and of course, chocolate croissants. A visit to Newport Beach isn't complete for me unless I go there at least once (and on this visit, twice) before heading to Balboa Island for a stroll.

2  Thank Skyye K
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We recently visited C'est Si Bon bakery in Newport Beach, CA. We stumbled upon it while looking for a breakfast place nearby. When we arrived we noticed a person loading hundreds of loaves of French bread in the back of a truck. We assumed it was for local restaurants and were very impressed and looking forward to our visit. The counter staff for all our visits were great. they showed patience with our questions and were very warm and friendly. Over our three visits here, we purchased blueberry scones, banana muffins, apple sweet rolls, chocolate croissants. I had the pleasure of eating the scones and muffins. The blueberry scones were to die for. They were moist, flavorful and full of juicy blueberries. Delicious!! The banana muffin was good and also moist. You could taste the bananas and it was seasoned just right. My wife loved the apple sweet roll. The sweet was not overwhelming and it was fresh, something hard to do with sweet rolls. The chocolate Croissant was flavorful, flaky and had just enough chocolate not to overwhelm the croissant. The coffee was average but we weren't there for the coffee. There's a Starbuck's right around the corner where I was able to get my favorite coffee, Overall a wonderful experience for my wife and myself!!

2  Thank Bostonhappytravelor
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Best place to get a sandwich. The fresh baguettes make it just awesome along with the pickles and fixings. The pastries have easily added a few pounds to me alone. This is always a must stop whenever we travel to Newport Beach which is fairly often. Love this place, highly recommend.

1  Thank Jeton P