“We loved the quaint atmosphere and the delicious food!”
Review of Basilic Restaurant

Basilic Restaurant
Ranked #49 of 513 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: French, Swiss
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We recently had the pleasure of dining at this fabulous restaurant. The restaurant is small and has a very old-world feel. I likes it before I had the first bite of food. The server was very knowledgeable and attentive. The food--amazing. The onion soup was among the best I've had and the bouillibase delicious and loaded with seafood. I had a chocolate walnut tart for dessert that was also amazing. My dining companions were equally pleased with their dinner as well. If I'm ever in this area again, I would definitely make a point to return here.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

This is where I bring my out of town guests for a cozy & delicious dinner. I always treat my guests to the chefs tasting menu. For $59, it's a bargain...splurge and add the wine paring. Bring comfy shoes and take an afterdinner walk around the island.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

While strolling along Marine Ave. with friends we happened upon this Zagut rated restaurant. Lucky for us...without reservations early on a Wednesday we were able to get in and experience an off the hook meal. We had steak tartare and even one member of the party who swore they would NEVER eat raw beef...indeed did and loved it. Some of the best I have ever had - well spiced and amazing. I would highly recommend the sole which stunned me. I never order sole as I usually find it a bit bland but upon recommendation I loved it and provided the picture..recommend the dried beef - Bundenfleisch - a glass of great wine (they have many to choose from) - we had creme brulee and an apple tart - all super.

This is a small, quiet, romantic restaurant. I am pro family and LOVE kids...but I do not recommend bringing them to this restaurant ....I come from a fairly loud family and I had to watch myself a bit. Don't let the size and need to keep your voice down a bit put you off...it is a wonderful experience...and then you can go take a walk on the beach...ahhhh....what....could there be anything better???

Reviewed February 19, 2012

This is a tiny place with only 24 seats. The owner is Swiss (I believe) and the cuisine is mostly French with a little Swiss influence and a few Swiss wines on the list. The food our party got was excellent. The presentation was creative. Some old French favorites were reinvented in both presentation and in preparationg breathing freshness into a traditional French menu. Wine prices were slightly on the high side. The ambiance is country Swiss or Alpine French. The place was very attractive with attentive and swift service. Parking can be difficult as you have to find a place on the street.

1  Thank kawidd
Reviewed October 13, 2011

A Swiss French restaurant? That seats only 24! Yes Yes Yes.

What a wonderful place to dine; personal service, wonderful menu, delicious food and the chef and two colleagues treat the guest like special family.

Must call for reservations to make sure you get a table.

John Dory fish was so delicious and foie gras to die for

1  Thank ODtravelers