“Best Sushi in Newport Beach”
Review of Buddha's Favorite

Buddha's Favorite
Ranked #165 of 513 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Reviewed October 3, 2012

A bit hard to find, but it is at the end of the pier beyond blue water grill. The sushi here is well worth the price. I recommend Tuesday to Thursday nights to avoid the crowds

1  Thank DrCICS

Reviewed December 27, 2011

Great spot, tucked away in the Newport harbor. Heat lamps on the patio make it a great outdoor sushi spot year round. Creative rolls, fresh sushi and generous amounts of sake!

1  Thank MandyJean
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I have been comming to Buddhas for years, and have had top notch service every time

1  Thank Time_Traveler_2001TB
Reviewed October 21, 2011

I've been to Buddha's Fav a couple times now with a couple different groups of friends, and it was wonderful both times. It is a tiny little place right on the water in the harbor with both inside and patio seating. Since it is small, I do recommend calling ahead to make a reservation because it does fill up quickly.
The service is good. The food seems very authentic. And it is really well priced. During the "off" tourism season (so pretty much anytime but summer) they typically offer 15% of your entire bill, which is an added bonus. I've gone with bigger groups of people both times, so we ordered a variety of rolls, and every roll I sampled was good. The favorite of the group both times I was there was the S.Y.T. roll, so I definitely recommend that one. We also had their ice cream for dessert- the green tea, mango, and strawberry flavors. We really liked the mango and strawberry.
Overall, it's a fun little spot in a neat location and great sushi. Enjoy!!

1  Thank Kirsten_Y326
Reviewed September 4, 2007

My fiance and I were very disappointed with the quality of sushi at Buddhas's Favorite. It didn't taste fresh and the presentation was not great. We ended up spending over $50 with food left on our plates because we didn't want to finish it. We NEVER leave leftover food!!!
I would not recommend this spot.