“Very Good-Upscale Restaurant”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Santa Barbara
Reviewed May 25, 2012

The Ritz opened in this location in 1982 and may have to relocate so if you want to dine st this Newport Beach icon hurry. I was there opening day and have visited probably 200 times. The restaurant is not the same as it was when Hans Prager owned it, but it is still very good.
Food is excellent and service is above average.
The bar is still a place to see and be seen.
Eat there before it moves or closes forever.

1  Thank Gary1400PCH

Reviewed May 3, 2012

This restaurant is one of the last great ol time men's lounge feeling steakhouse type restaurants. The wait staff is very experienced and comfortable. The restaurant is ol time elegant, darkly lit and cozy. The food is outstanding. Hurry and eat here before it is shut down forever!

1  Thank TNConstanttraveler
Reviewed March 6, 2012

An old friend who has come to the Ritz for every important event asked me to join him there for lunch. Unfortunately, there was an event going on in the garden and the place was packed to the brim with a very noisy crowd. There was no sign at the entrance to the parking lot indicating that it was full and I found myself locked into a 10 minute line to get to the front, where a parking attendant sneered at my 10 year old car and told me to park it in the building across the street. By the time I got parked and walked back, I was 20 minutes late. They HAD parked my host's sports car and he was waiting.
As I was walking to the entrance, a parking attendant came up behind me and screamed in my ear (to someone 50 yards away) just about knocking me off my feet. I was so rattled when I got to the door and was still hearing the noise from the crowd, I suggested to my host that we go elsewhere. The hostess was not the least bit apologetic but she
did offer us a "quiet dining room." Amazingly, it WAS quiet. When I settled down and studied the menu, I realized that many of the dishes were old standards of the 60s and 70s. I'm sure the customers appreciate that but I thought they could have added more
new creative dishes as well. I ordered the Dover sole, which was perfectly prepared. My hosts steak looked good but not great. I was a bit surprised to see canned pears on the salad. I know I hit this place on a bad day but I don't see it on a good day being worth the price.

1  Thank LSCats
Reviewed January 16, 2012

This is one of the best restaurants in Orange County. Outstanding food, perfectly attentive staff. There is great energy here, but it is quiet enough to talk, even with any of their terrific piano players keeping things lively in the bar area. This is a high-end restaurant, and is priced accordingly. I have been going here for 20+ years, and it is always excellent.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

My girlfriends & I have gone to The Ritz for our annual holiday dinner fro teh pasr 20 years. We'll be heading there again in December 2011. The food is wonderful...the service first rate. My tradition is the saurebraten, which I eat once a year. The creamed corn (a Ritz staple) is always delicious and the souffle...heaven.

The bar gets very crowded and busy during the holidays but that's half he fun. After dinner check out the music and dancing on the patio.

If you want a place for a special dinner, this is it.