“Good food, large portions”
Review of Amelia's Seafood & Italian - CLOSED

Amelia's Seafood & Italian
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Newport Beach, California
“Good food, large portions”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Good place to check out if you like seafood, service here is pretty good. The entrees I have ordered here are served in very large portions, so you often have something to take home for later which is nice. It's a good setting for groups, the food is above average, I've always had a good experience here.

• Visited June 2013

Houston, Texas
“Great Food in Balboa Island.”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We were on vacation in southern California and went with the kids to Balboa Island. My husband had made reservation for all 4 of us at this cozy restaurant. The food was great, the atmosphere even better. My kids truly enjoyed their meal and so did we. The seafood, the pasta, the wine were fantastic. If you are in Balboa Island, you must visit Amelia's, you won't regret it.

• Visited July 2013
Austin, Texas
“A delicious find on Balboa”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I found this wonderful little restaurant at the end of a very busy day on the beach with our 2-year-old. We weren't sure how they'd feel about a toddler, but they welcomed us with open arms. The food was among the best we enjoyed in Newport and the service was fabulous. My husband had the ravioli trio, I had the Cioppino. Our daughter thoroughly enjoyed her spaghetti and meatballs.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank B G
Crownsville, Maryland
“Cozy with Great Food”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Went here with a group from a meeting for dinner and we had a fabulous time. The setting is great and as the other reviewers note this place is like a trip back in time. Our group ordered a great variety of things from seafood to pasta and it was all excellent. The service was attentive and whoever selects their wines has a real knack for that. This is a first rate dining experience. And yes, I was just waiting for Frank and Dino to step through the front door any time.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank DesMoines
Corona del Mar, CA
“Classic old school Italian restaurant”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Amelia's is the kind of old Hollywood type Italian restaurant restaurant where you expect Frank and Dino to walk in any minute. We've been coming to Amelia's as long as I can remember and that is a very long time.

For pastas you have the classic red and white sauces, but the seafood is the star here. I love Amelia's sand dabs and the bouillabaisse, those are my two standards when I come here, but over the years I've probably tried everything and more than once. For appetizers I love the lobster ravioli, the scampi and Hetty's calamari. If I do wind up ordering the sand dabs, I always get the tortellini appetizer as a side.

• Visited February 2013