“Always wonderful”
Review of The Cannery

The Cannery
Reserve with OpenTable
The Cannery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 520 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 32nd Street
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Lunch, dinner, afternoon wine, it doesn't matter. The quality of everything is very high. It's pricy, but it's value for the dollar. Service is always superb and you can't beat the view outside and the ambience inside.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

We went here for our anniversary, I've always loved the look and feel of the restaurant. The main courses were excellent! No disappointment with the food, service or ambiance. Well worth the visit for a special occasion. I was a little disappointed with the cold seafood platter we ordered for an appetiser. For the price I was hopping for something more (no where close to the seafood platters you would get in Brittany in France)

If you want to visit this restaraunt and not spend a lot of money, I would go for Happy Hour, I believe it runs to 7PM and the prices are much more reasonable.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

It can get cool in Newport. But they pull the clear plastic covers down. the food and service is great. The valet service really is terrible due to their crowded parking lot and only two attendants. Seafood is really good.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We eat Sushi at least once or twice a week and mostly around Newport Beach. We have been nomads going from one good restaurant to another. Usually the restaurants start of great and then they start to reduce the size of the fish on the rice. So you are eating very expensive rice.
Not at the Cannery. We have been eating upstairs in the bar for many years now. The quality stays the same. The drinks are great. And of course the atmosphere is fantastic. Did I mention the service from the people working there is 5 stars.

Reviewed April 20, 2012

We had lunch here and enjoyed the patio table with great water view. I would recommend the mussels and clams. Nice portion and very fresh. Salads, burgers, and local fish were all enjoyed thoroughly by my family. One of the best bloody mary's I have had in a long time! Spicy and refreshing. Make a reservation as this place is busy and you will wait a long time for a table.