“Best Restaurant on Balboa”
Review of Amelias Ristorante - CLOSED

Amelias Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

A landmark that has not lost its luster. Great fresh fish in a romantic Italian ambience. Been coming here for years. A must for visitors to this quaint little island.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

My husband and I have been coming here since we were first married, probably since it first opened. For over thirty years Amelia's has maintained the best marinara sauce anywhere. Plus the cozy atmosphere and a wonderful variety of fish and pasta entrees. That's what we've eaten through the years. Every time we eat there, it's feels like a special occasion, intimate and romantic and very yummy.

1  Thank Suyoga
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My parents used to take me to Amelia's once a year when we vacationed on Balboa Island in the 1960's. I remember the thick home made bread and it's wonderful smell. Nowadays, I live on the island and make a practice of taking my out of town guests to Amelia's. The food, atmosphere, and service are consistently outstanding. Make a reservation in advance and ask for the front room.

3  Thank Goodness4you
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Went to Amelias with friends for dinner and wine and had a wonderful time. It was like we were sitting around the dining room table. The staff and food was great. The fish was fresh and, while simply prepared, was to die for. Definitely on my list of places to return to.

1  Thank snowmiser
Reviewed March 24, 2013

As I understand Amelias has been on Balboa Isle almost forever. I stumbled onto it with my fiance by accident. I have all but written off most Italian food resteraunts due to my recent gluten intolerence. The place is wonderful; romantic, italianesque atmoshere, picturesque and homey in the best way! The wait staff really seemed interested and caring. They advertised gluten free pasta which turned out to be the best GF pasta I have ever eaten! The chef cared enough to prepare my entre, sand dabs, without breading it so I could enjoy it. Both of our meals were excellent and everyone in the place seemed to be enjoying the place. Thanks Amelias! I encourage you to expand your GF options further! A real treat and not too expensive! Enjoy!

1  Thank GreggoHidesert