“It is an italian nice restaurant!”
Review of Il Farro

Il Farro
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Farro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 520 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Il Farro Restaurant, located in the heart of Newport Beach, serves authentic Italian dishes with a focus on taste and quality. Enjoy our homemade desserts to finish your meal.
Reviewed April 28, 2013

For a beach vacation area this is a good choice. They have large portions (you may share it) at very reasonable price. The ambience is nice and welcoming you.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Nice variety on menu. Delicious salads and pasta. Cioppino was great as well as farro pasta and lasagna. Good service. Have enjoyed it twice in 2 weeks.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great food in a warm, cozy atmosphere. Farro bread was addicting especially with the seasoned olive oil (vampires beware!).

1  Thank LRappRod
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The only bad thing about Il Farro is the lack of parking in the summer. The food is terrific and the ambiance and service are excellent. Try the Eliche Tropianni-my favorite

Reviewed March 21, 2013

My Husband and I went to Il Farro for Valentines the Saturday before. We had a reservation but were a bit late. When we cam in the owner was busy visiting tables, he came over to seat us and offered us a seat in the main area or a little side area with only 3 tables. He recommended we sit in the side for more quiet. I said that the lights were a bit too bright & I didn't want to sit with a TV over head. He said no problem and shut the TV off and dimmed the lights.

We began our meal with the Antipasto Mediterraneo and it was fabulous. I had only had farro once or twice before and didn't think much of it, but this antipasto plate had a cold farro salad on it that was fabulous. I couldn't get enough!
Then I ordered a special soup of the night, artichoke. I wasn't tht crazy about it. The waitress came over and saw that I hadn't eaten it and asked if she could bring me another type of soup. I picked the ministrone and as super pleased. It was a cold evening and the soup was steaming hot and tasty with a cold Birra Moretti. It was a match made in heaven.
Then we ordered our main courses, I ordered a farrotto after tasting that great farro salad and I was wonderfullly surprised at how great it was!! The farro was with eggplant and a red sauce. It is a bit like risotto. I had a lovely red wine with it.
My husband had a NY Steak with herbs and vegetables. The herbs were across the top of the steak and just were delicious when you bit into them and the steak. The vegetables were awesome too. Everything we ate was so flavorful.

2  Thank fortino