“Excellent Beach Rental”
other travelers have booked this property
Dutch Door Angled Street View
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Dutch Door
Angled Street View
Seating and Barbeque on Patio - The table in this picture has been replaced and seats 8.
Neighborhood view
Living Room/Dining Room - view towards the kitchen
Living Room/Dining Room - view towards the street
Side view towards the front bedroom
Open Floorplan - Facing the Two Front Bedrooms
Newly Remodeled Kitchen complet with stainless steel appliances and granite counters
Seating for 6-8 with additional expansion leaves.  Additional seating for 8 on front patio.
Spacious Bathroom with Two sinks/granite counter/carrara marble floor.  Cute Subway tiled shower/tub
Double Bunkbed room
Front Bedroom with full size bed
Master Bedroom sitting area
Small garage with driveway - can park two cars tandem.
Master Bedroom With Kingsize pillowtop mattress
Side yard
Back House With Laundry room
Interior of Back House TV area
Angle towards kitchenette
Kitchenette with sink and microwave
Bathroom With Shower
Bedroom with new full size pillow-top mattress
The beach at sunset (straight out from the house)
The beach at sunset
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

rmcareer
Dallas, TX
“Excellent Beach Rental”
Reviewed November 25, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

This was exactly what we were hoping for! The cottage has a white-washed wood and beach themed interior, very clean, well stocked appliances and dishes in the kitchen, loads of towels and bathroom accessories, games, movies, and a very extensive offering of beach equipment including bikes, boogie boards, collapsible chairs, toys, etc....
The owners were responsive and easy to work with throughout the process. Overall there is not one thing I would say this place is lacking and would highly recommend it for anyone looking for a relaxing beach stay.

Feb 3, 2017
Thank you for your kind review! We are very happy that you enjoyed our home so much. Hope to have you stay again in the future!
A TripAdvisor Member
“Mrs.”
Reviewed November 9, 2016 for a stay in December 2015

Excellent! We had a wonderful time in this cute home! And lots of room too. The extra cottage in the back was also nice for extra space. Loved it all!

Feb 3, 2017
Thank you for your review! I appreciate your taking the time to let me know that you enjoyed the house and your stay!
A TripAdvisor Member
“Best Stay in California EVER!!”
Reviewed November 3, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

This is the first time I ever rented a beach house in California, I always stayed in hotels. This was the best decision I ever made for a vacation with a large group of people; young adults, young grandchildren and Nana & Papa. We had the best time; biking to the pier, walking on the beach at night, playing in the Ocean all day with the grandkids and the best part was having a great home to come to every night. we were all under one roof, hung out to visit with each other, cooked meals together, watched the first episode of Walking Dead, celebrated a birthday, it was fabulous. The House was more than expected; very clean and super comfortable with everything you could possibly need for cooking, the beach and having the bikes were perfect. instead of driving or walking we would jump on the bikes and go........I felt like a teenager and believe me our teenagers loved every minute of the stay. Amy the homeowner was completely amazing and with her quick responses she made sure everything was prefect. Thank you Amy for renting us your home and making out vacation stay WONDERFUL. I highly recommend this rental house to everyone.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and the house had everything you needed
Traveling group: Large Group
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Nov 3, 2016
Hi Betty!
Your review sounded just like when we stay there with family/friends & kids! I'm sooo happy that you had a memorable vacation. I really appreciate that you stayed at our home & I hope you will be back in the future! Thank your for your very kind review!
Amy
Eric V
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Lovely Beach Getaway”
Reviewed October 16, 2016 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

We stayed at this lovely cottage with our extended family. Eight adults and three small children (grandparents, children, and grandkids). We have rarely, if ever, had a better family vacation.

The location was ideal--steps away from the beach, close to grocery options, driving distance to Disneyland, and 20 minutes from the John Wayne airport. We were able to park a sedan and a minivan in the provided space (which saved us on the weekend when on-street parking was nigh on impossible to find).

The house itself was immaculate, well-appointed, and spacious enough to have fit another handful of adults and kids without feeling cramped. We had so much space that we only used the apartment for a secondary bathroom and nap room for over-solared kiddos (and adults). The layout was perfect, prioritizing living space while still providing enough room for private and comfortable sleeping spaces.

It's clear that Amy and Co. have thought out practically everything visitors might want or need during a week-long stay. Washer and dryer with included detergent and dryer sheets. Bathrooms included body wash, shampoo, and conditioner. And the towels--the towels! We had bath towels and beach towels galore. Beach toys for kids and grown-ups alike.

In two words, it was practically perfect.

The only downsides--and we're quibbling here--were the heat and internet. Our first night there, Newport had just exited a heat wave (of 100+) and the house was pretty hot. Only a couple of the bedrooms have overhead fans, so until the weather cooled and we could get the windows and fans going (Amy provided three powerful fans which were life savers), the house stayed warm. By the end of our stay, though, temperatures inside the house were perfect. The only improvements in that area could have been a ceiling fan in the living room / kitchen area, screens on doors and windows (keeping them open to cool off let flies in), and perhaps a small air conditioning unit for when it gets uncomfortably hot.

Finally, the only other complaint we had was internet. While it wasn't an issue during the day--between trips to Disneyland and the beach, we didn't have time for it--we had eight adults with work and other important emails and projects waiting for them. The internet signal, while often good, was spotty at times and went out completely on a handful of occasions.

With improvements in those two areas, there would literally be nothing to complain about. Even with those minor issues, we absolutely loved our trip. We are already thinking about coming back in the next year or two and even making a regular reunion out of it. There's no higher compliment I could pay to a property than this: We can't wait to come back.

Liked best: Location and comfort
Liked least: Heat and slightly spotty internet
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Nov 2, 2017
I'm happy you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your feedback! I'm sorry I haven't replied sooner! I appreciate your suggestions! You were there at one of the hottest times in a long time!! I wish I had central air and I'm looking into it for the future. I will definitely consider a fan in the living room and I have considered screen doors but they tend to get damaged easily. I have recently provided hanging screens that guests can choose to use if they would like. I have the strongest internet available with the company we use, however, I will look into an additional router that will hopefully help (maybe with the service in the back house?). It is hard when so many people want to stream videos or use the internet all at once. I'm not sure why it would go out completely....sorry about that! We haven't had issues with it in the past. I really do appreciate your comments and feedback and try to fix anything that comes up! We will be thrilled to have you back for a regular reunion!
Jroth924
Jroth924
“charming beach house”
Reviewed September 26, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Great property in perfect location! Only 3 houses to beach, a short 6 block walk to market and easy access to Newport and Balboa pier areas. We had 8 adults and 2 kids, the house was not crowded at all. The entire family had a great time. We will be back!

Nov 2, 2017
So happy you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to having you back!
she q
California
“Awesome!”
Reviewed September 22, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

It's a home away from home! Everything you need is provided and that is always a plus for renting a house. Everybody enjoyed the whole house. Something is wrong with the dishwasher but when I told Amy about it she showed up right away and called the repair guy but I told her that she could just fix it after we leave and she came back with a bunch of disposables cups, plates, spoon and fork for us so we don't have to wash dishes. Amy is always prompt in all my email and text inquiries. All of us would definetly come back to stay again soon! Thanks Amy!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: All basic needs is provided
Liked least: mattress
Traveling group: Large Group
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Nov 2, 2017
Thank you so much for your feedback! I'm sorry about the dishwasher problem...I try to make sure everything is in proper working order and didn't know there was a problem with it. Thank you for your understanding and I hope you will be back in the future!
Grapevine, Texas
Reviewed September 18, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Nov 2, 2017
Thank you for your review! I'm happy you enjoyed your stay and hope you will be back in the future!
Amy Manser
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing