“Great Shrimp”

Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“Great Shrimp”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

This place is know for its tasty mexican food, including its world famous soup from a secret family reciepe.
But what i like the most is the grilled shrimp platter- botangas.
Its fantastic. Huge grilled shrimp with a garlic dipping sauce that is hard to beat anywhere.

Visited August 2014

Brea, California
“Great food and great service!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

To me, good food and good service to hand in hand. No matter how good the food, bad service is what I remember and vice-versa. Avila's has the best of both food and service! Mama Avila's chicken tortilla soup is the 'signature' dish, and it should be. As far as service is concerned, if you are fortunate to have Jodie as your server, you're in for a treat! Always attentive, even when 'slammed' with diners and mixing drinks behind the bar. A new addition to the menu is Deep Fried Ice Cream. Soooo good!

• Visited July 2014
Costa Mesa, California
“Great burritos”
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Fun atmosphere and good food. Bartenders are real friendly, the salsa is honestly some of the best I've had. They have a pretty big menu to chose from and I've never really had a complaint about their food as everything is pretty consistent.

Visited June 2014
Findlay, Ohio
“Paloma Margarita was delicious, but not the grilled fish tacos!”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We saw this restaurant and stopped before reading any past reviews so I was a little worried. We sat outside which was perfect. I ordered the Paloma Margarita that our waitress said was her favorite. It was very good. Also had salt on the rim. Delicious salsa and warm tortilla chips. Both my husband and I ordered the grilled fish taco with rice and beans. The rice and beans were great, but would not order the fish taco again. It had no flavor or seasonings on it at all. I didn't even finish eating it. I wish I had ordered something different. Everything else was awesome! I would go again and try ordering something different. Mama' Avila's soup sounds yummy.

• Visited June 2014
“Awesome”
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

We were craving some tacos after the OC marathon and we found this place and all we can say is fabulous. The street tacos were awesome the beans are fresh and season just right. You will eat everything even if you are full. The best and we will be back!!!!