“Great food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Avila's El Ranchito
Ranked #65 of 501 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Irvine, California
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

This place is really cool. It's got a cool atmosphere. They have the best deal on these butterfly shrimp scampi. There were 4 of us everyone had two beers and a entree and the bill was still only $60. The waiter was also very cool and courteous. Would reccomend this place if you want some good Mexican food.

• Visited December 2013

Newport Beach, California, United States
“Nice place, good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

I've eaten here a few times and each time I do, I wonder to myself why I don't come here more often! I really like the food as well as the atmosphere. it's a little on the small side and the parking is kind of difficult to get in and out of, especially on a crowded evening down in Newport, but once you get past that, it's clear sailing! I especially like the tacos and enchiladas and usually get the combination plate with the beans and rice. Top that off with a nice cold beer, and I'm in hog heaven!

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Just Ok - Nothing Special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

The food was pretty average Mexican fare, they did had a couple of vegetarian options. My son ordered the Fresco Chicken Chile Relleno and got food poisoning several hours later. The salsa was ok - but had way to many raw onions in it. Not sure how truly authentic this place is, but it will do if you don't feel like scouting out the true Mexican restaurants.

Englewood, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mazatlan large shrimp fajitas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

Being a typical tourist, I walked about Newport Beach getting hungrier and hungrier as I went.
Each restaurant was good enough, but did not strike me as wonderful. It was almost a last ditch effort that drove me int Avila's El Ranchito restaurant. I am so very glad I did go in!
We were greeted immediately and seated in a friendly manner. Drinks were quick and we were given time to ponder the menu choices. I decide on the Mazatlan Large Shrimp Fajitas. It was one of the best Mexican food meals I have had. The shrimp were large, delicious and there were many of them. The portions served were an ordeal to eat all of it, but I was able to rise to the occasion.
Want a great meal in Newport Beach? Go to Avila's El Ranchito!

Newport Beach, CA
“reliable food, great soup, excellent party platters”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

Monday is my favorite day at El Ranchito because it's the day that the delicious soup is on special. The soup is really satisfying and enough for a lunch with a good handful of El Ranchito's addictive chips and salsa. I also like the burritos, chingolingas, and crispy tacos, which are a nice side to the soup when you're feeling hungry.

El Ranchito party platters are my go-to when I need to feed a group of teenagers. They always love the food and chips, and it couldn't be easier to pick one or two up and take it to the kids.

There are several locations. Corona del Mar is my go-to because I like the atmosphere and it's closest to my house. I also go to the Peninsula location sometimes.

• Visited November 2013