“Nothing better than waterfront BBQ”
Review of DivBar Smokehouse BBQ - CLOSED

DivBar Smokehouse BBQ
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Since DivBar opened last summer I've become addicted. It is obvious that the atmosphere is unbeatable: bay-front seating where you can watch boats sail by. This restaurant is lively at night and attracts huge crowds on the weekends. The food is unreal! While DivBar has been known for its BBQ food, which is the best around, its incredible how delicious their salads and seafood are too. Basically, you cant go wrong whether you order something from the smoker, the pizza oven, or something on the lighter side...my recommendation: try it all!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Best Waterfront Dining in Newport Beach, CA. I have grown up in NB all my life and have been to almost every restaurant in the area. DivBar has hit my top 5 favorite places to eat! I live within biking distance and enjoy riding down for a pizza to enjoy the bay view before heading to the beach. This restaurant is fun for everyone, and being a newly 21 year old the bar scene is very entertaining. The service is excellent! My waitress Alexis was very happy and helped pick out the perfect dish. I tried their special of the day, which was 1/3 rack of ribs, pulled pork slider, and brisket. This came with baked beans as well. I am no BBQ connoisseur, but this was the BEST I ever had!!! Thank you DIVBAR! I am definitely a fan!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Ive been all across america searching for bbq. I can say divbar ranks up at the top of the list. Bill bracken is a renowned chef bringing his flavor into the bbq world, creating tasty dishes that will make your mouth water. This place is a gem among mediocre food. Will be going back often. Great job divbar.

1  Thank Mistertwist
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I have lived in Newport Beach my entire life. I have seen restaurants and concepts for restaurants come and go. DivBar is a place that I can recognize its stability as a contender for the best restaurant in Newport Beach. In the restaurant scene, it holds it's own. I would rank it in my top 3 choices to eat, drink, and have fun in Newport.

I have been about a handful of times to this establishment and every time I have never been disappointed. Excellent food, excellent service, and an amazing view of the harbor. Everything you could hope for in a 5 star restaurant, DivBar owns it and commands it.

I couldn't be happier with such a fantastic place here in my hometown. I'm looking forward to seeing it become the number one restaurant in Newport Beach!

1  Thank PTReuter
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Newer place in Newport. Been here a few times. I like the mac and cheese. The spinach dip was too salty but tolerable. The chicken was cooked to absolute perfection. Really good. The mashed potatoes weren't great. But if you like the kind with the skin mashed in, you might like it. The jalapeno corn bread was awesome! Overall, I like the food here. It's stellar that they are open late and deliver (a sad rarity in Newport). I hope that never changes... I love being told, "It will be ready15 minutes", when I place my order! You rock!

I will say this, if you advertise take-out, there needs to be at least ONE parking space for pick up. I do not want to haggle with the valet boy the next time I come to pick up food. It takes three minutes for me to run in, pay and bounce. I know Newport is valet-centric but please managers, get one take-out spot for us people on-the-go! Thanks!

1  Thank BBCdM