“Absolutely exquisite! Just a great place to be and make even better memories!”
Review of DivBar Smokehouse BBQ - CLOSED

DivBar Smokehouse BBQ
Cuisines: Pizza, Barbecue, Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely exquisite! Just a great place to be and make even better memories!”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I have lived in Newport Beach my entire life. I have seen restaurants and concepts for restaurants come and go. DivBar is a place that I can recognize its stability as a contender for the best restaurant in Newport Beach. In the restaurant scene, it holds it's own. I would rank it in my top 3 choices to eat, drink, and have fun in Newport.

I have been about a handful of times to this establishment and every time I have never been disappointed. Excellent food, excellent service, and an amazing view of the harbor. Everything you could hope for in a 5 star restaurant, DivBar owns it and commands it.

I couldn't be happier with such a fantastic place here in my hometown. I'm looking forward to seeing it become the number one restaurant in Newport Beach!

1 Thank PTReuter

Corona del Mar, California
“Good Food!”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Newer place in Newport. Been here a few times. I like the mac and cheese. The spinach dip was too salty but tolerable. The chicken was cooked to absolute perfection. Really good. The mashed potatoes weren't great. But if you like the kind with the skin mashed in, you might like it. The jalapeno corn bread was awesome! Overall, I like the food here. It's stellar that they are open late and deliver (a sad rarity in Newport). I hope that never changes... I love being told, "It will be ready15 minutes", when I place my order! You rock!

I will say this, if you advertise take-out, there needs to be at least ONE parking space for pick up. I do not want to haggle with the valet boy the next time I come to pick up food. It takes three minutes for me to run in, pay and bounce. I know Newport is valet-centric but please managers, get one take-out spot for us people on-the-go! Thanks!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank BBCdM
US
“Loved their chicken! A fun place”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We had the bucket of fried chicken. It was really, really good. I couldn't stop eating it! The atmosphere is more sports bar like. Very, very casual. We had a couple of kids with us and they had pizza. There are lots of different things on the menu. We had a table at the window and had a view of the bay and the docks. I would recommend this place for a reasonable priced restaurant with a varied menu. Restrooms were very clean.

1 Thank nonstop_8
North Charleston, South Carolina
“Fun place, good food, wish we had one in Charleston...”
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

We rolled in with a group on a tour of bars & restaurants in the area.

Beers were cold and perfect! We ordered a trio of apps for the table: spam sliders, duck fat fries, and BB's original Mac.

The Mac (& cheese) consisted of Tellegio cheese, truffles, and a Parmesan crisp. Very rich, very good. The ubiquitous duck fat fries were excellent with the aioli providing a garlicky contrast to the untcious duck fat flavor. However, the real star here was the spam sliders--they haunt me still. Ironically our group had discussed the prevalence of spam in Hawaiian cuisine earlier in the day so when we saw it on the menu it quickly became a no brainier. It came highly recommended by our server and another table server(SA, back wait, busser?) so we had to do it. Not dissapointing. Crisp seared spam, mini brioche buns, and a slaw with some hints of truffle undertone!

I could eat 10 of them.