“Super sea food”

Ranked #12 of 503 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Bear Flag Fish Company was founded in 2007. Bear Flag Fish Company specializes in the freshest seafood in town. The creation of the company started with the love of the ocean and most of all the love and the knowledge of fresh seafood.
San Juan Capistrano, California
“Super sea food”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I love Crystal Cove and it's great to be able to sit outside and have a delightful lunch there. I have the ahi seafood salad. Plenty to et and plenty good. I'd order it again.

• Visited August 2013

Los Angeles, California
“Amazing fish tacos and poke”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

As a New Yorker, I don't get to enjoy good fish tacos very often, let alone poke of any kind. I was introduced to Bear Flag when I was in SoCal last year and got the seafood sandwich. When I returned on another trip recently I got the fish tacos and poke (a new favorite of mine after a trip to Hawaii) and both were nothing short of outstanding. I will certainly be returning on future visits to the area.

• Visited December 2012
Irvine, California
“Very Good Fresh Fish in Causal Atmosphere on the Newport Coast”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Very Good Fresh Fish in Causal Atmosphere on the Newport Coast! Great fish tacos, sandwiches, clam chowder, shrimp cocktail.

• Visited January 2013
San Diego
“Fish so flavorful, no sauce needed”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I had the fish of the day - black cod - on a salad. Although the accompanying aioli was great, I left it uneaten because I didn't want to change the wonderful taste of the fish. It was sweet and flavorful and perfectly cooked.

The place is not fancy, but staff was friendly. And the communal tables offer an opportunity to chat with others about what they have and like. We liked our lunch so much we came back three days later for a second go. This time I had grouper - also good, but not as terrific as the cod.

• Visited December 2012
San Clemente, California, United States
“Lived up to the talk”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I had heard about bear flag from friends...and it lived up to their enthusiastic wows. Plus the salmon poke burritos at this casual order from the counter eatery are something special...