“OK” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rusty Pelican

Rusty Pelican
Reserve with OpenTable
Rusty Pelican is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 501 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Riverside Dr
Newcastle, California, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

We had Father's Day dinner here. It was dated. The food was fine, but nothing special. I probably wouldn't return.

Visited June 2013

• Turkish first
Springfield, Oregon
“A View to die for!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have been going to the Rusty Pelican for over 30 years! It is always the same. . . Wonderful! The food is delicious and the happy hour has reasonable drinks prices and 1/2 price appetizers. Try the Shrimp Cocktail. . sooo good! The menu has a huge variety of choices and the wine menu is excellent. Whether you're meeting your firends or on a romantic date, this place will not disappoint you!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Frenchladi
henderson, NV
“Fresh Food and Gracious Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

My daughter and I patroned this place as part of our night out.
Our food came to us fresh, hot, and well presented. The warm bread was home made and the waiter was friendly and made us feel welcomed and special.

/las /vegas
“Beautiful location with a good Sunday brunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

We had Father's Day Brunch at this pretty waterfront location. Usually dining at restaurants on holidays rarely works out but it certainly did for us even considering we were a large party. Our waiter, Justin, was excellent. He had helpful recommendations and provided great service. I have visited this restaurant numerous times for brunch but have always ordered the items that are more breakfast. They have all been great! This time because it was a late brunch, I ordered Chicken Piccata. It was just okay. Three of us ordered this and none of us were overwhelmed with it. We had a couple of people order fish and they were pleased with their selections. They serve good bread and champagne with your brunch. Very reasonably priced brunch.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Bakersfield, California
“Great place to enjoy a meal & beautiful views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I've been here a couple times, and I have to say I'm never disappointed. It's delicious sea food with great service and an even greater view! If this is your first visit then really ask your server for advise to help you pick out your perfect entrée. A must have appetizer, the garlic bread ($4.75), it is absolutely delicious! Their Calamari Fritti with chili ancho sauce ($10.79) is also ranked as my top 10, & the fact that its battered not breaded makes it even more delicious. Entrées have never disappointed me in any way, this visit I tried their
King Salmon With Shrimp & Lobster Sauce Charbroiled, & served with jasmine rice ($23.79), the sauce was delicious the salmon cooked perfectly and tasted very fresh and their jazmine rice, well I love jazmine rice & Rusty Pelican has never disappointed me :)
Also I have to say that if you're there for lunch, sit outside in their patio overlooking the harbor, they even provide blankets for those chilly days. The view is magnificent and it just makes the whole experience that much greater.
Overall it's not a cheap lunch but it's a great place to treat yourself!