“Bad food, Bad service!!!!”

BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse
Ranked #243 of 512 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: Pizza, International
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed June 18, 2013

They sure could use some help tweaking this place. The place is small, but when we got there, there were 4-6 empty tables and we had to wait 20 minutes. Not sure why. The waiter seemed to be more interested in playing "[--]" with one of the waitresses than taking our order. However the man that brought the food from the kitchen was very nice & friendly! He should have been the waiter!!!! They do not have a full BJ's menu. The food came out & it was par at best. We have been to many BJ's........ this one was by far the worst. I would not recommend this location.

1  Thank 1vandal
There are newer reviews for BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse

Reviewed December 21, 2012

I just barely realized that this restaurant is down on the Newport Peninsula. Literally you can go to it off the boardwalk. There are great chicken pizza, cream cheese wontons, excellent salads. We've got to go check out this location for some fun....Love the restaurant!

1  Thank EscapehomeArtist
Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

We walked in with a party of 15 -- 8 are young children and were seated immediately. Service was great. The waiter was so attentive to our little people. The menu has something for everyone. The homemade lasagne is exactly that. We went back for Saturday brunch and were again pleased. Delicious omelets

Reviewed August 6, 2012

My husband and I went here for dinner on a Monday night. We were really looking forward to the lettuce wraps we had seen on the menu online. However, the waitress told us this BJ's has a much smaller menu than other locations and they didn't have the lettuce wraps. So we got over that. We ordered the meatballs for an appetizer and they were SO good! My husband got the buffalo chicken deep dish pizza and really enjoyed it. He liked it because it wasn't heavy on the cheese (like Uno's) but it still had the nice thick crust. I ordered the gluten free pizza with garlic and mushrooms and it was fantastic. With the meatballs, 2 pizzas and 4 beers it was about $55. The atmosphere was loud and bar like but certainly not rowdy. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

OK, I know the title is corny, but really this is the best restaurant we've found in "downtown" Balboa (Rudy's doesn't count because it's on the Pier). The atmosphere at BJ's is cozy and friendly. The food is really great, and we've sampled plenty of it. Pizza is certainly recommended, but there are lots of other choices. The sesame chicken salad is fabulous, as is the pasta chicken. If you've never had a "piezookie" you're in for a treat (our favorite is oatmeal raisin). I don't think you can go wrong at BJ's.