“Okay food, uneven service, high prices”
Review of Bayside Restaurant

Bayside Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bayside Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 505 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bayside / PCH
Description: New American cuisine comes to life in this custom-designed location overlooking the harbor in Newport Beach, California. Award-winning Executive Chef Paul Gstrein brings culinary drama to his inventive dishes for lunch, dinner and the enormously popular Champagne Sunday Brunch. Lunch, dinner or brunch dining may all be enjoyed al fresco on our wrap-around patio, made comfortable with built-in heaters and sun drapes. Complementing the kitchen is a circular glass wine cellar that boasts more than 2500 bottles of wine favorites from around the world.
Newport Beach, California
“Okay food, uneven service, high prices”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Our party of six was here on a busy Friday night and received surprisingly poor service. I think the waiter simply had too many tables. He suggested the special, Cioppino. Several of us ordered it at his strong suggestion, it was not that good. For $240 per couple, the restaurant should have done much better. The lamb is good here, order that and go on a less busy weeknight.

• Visited January 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Newport Beach, California
“Saturday Beside the Bay”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

I visited the Bayside recently on a Saturday night and found a comfortable spot in the lounge. I had a great experience. The decor is sleek and stylish. Wood floors, cool lighting and red accents create a warm atmosphere. There is valet parking and patio seating available. Apparently they do have some Happy Hour martinis, but I chose to go with the Vesper instead. Made with lillet blanc, it is delightful for the true martini enthusiast. I partnered this with the Scottish smoked salmon from the bar menu. With a warm blini, lemon aioli and capers, it was a tasty treat and reasonably priced. The crown of the evening was the entertainment. The Mike McKenna Duo featuring vocalist Cathy Schreiner was excellent. Cathy has a smooth and sultry voice and a wonderful personality. You cannot find better entertainment without a cover charge. A highly recommend Bayside on a Saturday night.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Indi237
Chicago
“a good decision”
Reviewed November 17, 2011

stopped in Bayside after finding it on a drive. I went solo since I was on business and cozied up to the bar. Very nice bartenders and service was excellent. Many locals keep this place buzzing and it was generally an older crowd. The bar menu was basically small appetizer portions, which was nice considering I didn't want to over eat. The lamb chops and mashers were outstanding!! Chops were completely tender and cooked to perfection (mouth watering now). I will stop back on my next trip.

• Visited November 2011
Caifornia
“Good Food But The Ambiance is Best for Those Over 65”
Reviewed August 7, 2011

My wife and I have been here a number of times. Every time it seems that the music is designed for people from the 1940's or 50's. We avoid that by sitting in the back room. The food is good, but a bit on the pricey side. I don't think that my wife and I can get out for less than $100 for the two of us.

• Visited October 2010
Placitas, NM
“An evening of amazing food, superlative,service and spectacular ambience”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We had a simply fabulous dinner. The mistake that we made was bringing our grandchildren on a weekend night. They were too young to appreciate the quality of the food and the wonderful ambience. We shall return again and again without the little ones.

• Visited May 2011